j2ee servlet filter url translation

lior.knaany

Hello guys,

I am developing a j2ee web server filter (Servlets API v2.3) and I am
facing with a problem.

general info:
The web server gets a URL in the request & translates it to a physical
path, that is how the web server fetches static html pages (etc..) from
the disk & sends them to the client.

the problem:
I want to be able to catch a specific request URL & redirect the server
physical path to a file on the file system, where the folder of the
file is not listed as a virtual directory on the server (That is way
request redirection or forwarding won't do any good here)

How can this be done ?

We have "get" methods like
ServletContext.getRealPath(String)
or