J2EE workflow tools

Matt

I am new to workflow. I am confused with the tools involved with workflow.
I have heard terms like workflow engine, workflow monitor, workflow clients.

My understanding is that workflow monitor monitors the workflow
engine? Is Sonic MQ or MQ Series are workflow monitors?

Workflow engine is to tell the system what's the next activity
to execute?

Workflow client is to define the flow by drawing the
flow charts. Workflow client is like a modeling tool?

Please comments.

If anyone knows some good resources/tools resources, please advise more.