J2ME calendar programming?

Kevin

Hi Guys,

A general question:
I am asked to write a calendar (datebook) like program using J2ME. The
required funtions are pretty standard, such as (pretty similar to the
calendar in MS Outlook):

1) input a task to do at a given date and time.
2) get a reminder message at / before each scheduled task.
3) view (modify) the scheduled tasks of the day / week / month, etc.

Can anyone kindly point me some starting points? I never write such
kind of code before.
For example, what classes/packages I should take a look, or any example
code will be great.

Thank you and have a nice day!~

Oliver Wong

Kevin said:
Hi Guys,

A general question:
I am asked to write a calendar (datebook) like program using J2ME. The
required funtions are pretty standard, such as (pretty similar to the
calendar in MS Outlook):

1) input a task to do at a given date and time.
2) get a reminder message at / before each scheduled task.
3) view (modify) the scheduled tasks of the day / week / month, etc.

Can anyone kindly point me some starting points? I never write such
kind of code before.
For example, what classes/packages I should take a look, or any example
code will be great.

Thank you and have a nice day!~

http://java.sun.com/j2me/docs/pdf/cldc11api.pdf

There's only around 80 classes in 4 packages. You could actually read
the whole JavaDocs cover to cover.

- Oliver