JAI

Xavier Tarrago

Hello,
I am thinking about using JAI for scientific visualization software. I am
looking for info & pointers about using JAI.. I would be happy to get in
touch with developpers who used JAI for production software and collect
their advices.
I found documentation very elusive particularly about editing the imaging
chain. Is it possible to change operators parameters and sources. How do you
manage to update displayed images, how to be notified of changes, when do
you have to recreate a new rendering, etc...

Thank in advance,
Xavier Tarrago

ak

I am thinking about using JAI for scientific visualization software. I am
looking for info & pointers about using JAI.. I would be happy to get in
touch with developpers who used JAI for production software and collect
their advices.
I found documentation very elusive particularly about editing the imaging
chain. Is it possible to change operators parameters and sources. How do you
manage to update displayed images, how to be notified of changes, when do
you have to recreate a new rendering, etc...

try to ask here http://swjscmail1.sun.com/archives/jai-interest.html

____________

http://reader.imagero.com the best java image reader.

Chuck Dillon

Xavier said:
Hello,
I am thinking about using JAI for scientific visualization software. I am
looking for info & pointers about using JAI.. I would be happy to get in
touch with developpers who used JAI for production software and collect
their advices.
I found documentation very elusive particularly about editing the imaging
chain. Is it possible to change operators parameters and sources. How do you
manage to update displayed images, how to be notified of changes, when do
you have to recreate a new rendering, etc...

Thank in advance,
Xavier Tarrago

Here are my JAI bookmarks...

http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jai/forDevelopers/jai-apidocs/