January Meeting of the Washington Area XML Users Group

Discussion in 'XML' started by Betty Harvey, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. Betty Harvey

    Betty Harvey Guest

    I can't believe it is another year!!! This January officially starts
    our 10th year in existance! I currently have the agenda's starting
    in April 1997. I think it would be interesting to look at all the
    interesting topics we have had through the years. Many of the companies,
    as you can imagine, are no longer in existence.

    The next meeting of the XML Users Group will be held on Wednesday,
    January 19, 2005 at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) at 2000
    Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009-1277. The meeting
    starts at 7:00 p.m. and usually last approximately 2 hours. If attending
    the meeting by Metro, get off the Dupont Circle stop and walk
    north to Florida Avenue...turn right.

    There is no cost associated with attending but if you are planning on
    attending this meeting, please let us know so that we can give a list to
    AGU management. You can register at:

    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/meeting-register.html

    Agenda:

    Michael Hahn, Vasont Software

    Eating Your Own Dog Food

    Repeated classes and presentations make an excellent case for
    reuse and repurposing, one of those things SGML and XML are
    supposed to be good for. This presentation discusses the system
    I use to prepare and present classes and talks, using the very
    technologies I'm teaching and discussing.

    The collection of DTD modules and stylesheets will be available
    online following the presentation.

    Andrew Nash, Reactivity

    Biography: Andrew Nash is CTO of Reactivity. Andrew was formerly
    the Director of Technologies at RSA Security in the Office of the
    CTO and led RSA¹s efforts within the Liberty Alliance on the Strong
    Authentication Expert Group creating a model for industry wide open
    strong authentication systems. He is a known leader in PKI and
    Web-Services security markets and the co-author of numerous Web
    Services specifications including Web Services Security, WS-Trust,
    WS-Federation, WS-SecureConversation and WS-SecurityPolicy. Andrew
    is an author of an RSA Press book on Public Key Infrastructure, a
    member of the OASIS Web Services Security TC and was chairman of
    the PKI Forum Technical Working Group. Andrew has been a key
    technology leader at both RSA Security and Digital Equipment
    Corporation. Andrew graduated from the University of Adelaide,
    Australia and holds a post graduate degree in Software Engineering
    from the University of Technology, Sydney.

    Hope to see you there.

    Washington Area XML Users Group Web Site:
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug
    Electronic copies of papers supplied from speakers are
    available on-line.

    To subscribe to the Washington Area XML Users Group mailing
    list, go to http://ecc05.eccnet.com/mailman/listinfo/xmlusers.

    DIRECTIONS:

    From Connecticut Avenue north of AGU, make a left onto
    T Street (1 block before Florida Avenue). Drive one block,
    the entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your
    right.

    >From Connecticut Avenue of AGU, make your first right

    after Florida Avenue onto T Street. Drive one block. the
    entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your right.

    >From I-66

    - Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This
    places you on Constitution Avenue.
    - Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to
    Connecticut Avenue.
    - Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue.
    - Right on Florida Avenue. AGU is 1/2 block on the right at the
    corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.

    Betty Harvey | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
    Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |

    Betty Harvey, Jan 12, 2005