jar file

Anabolik

I created jar file of my application. How I can do that this jar file
run always using administration rights?

John B. Matthews

Anabolik said:
I created jar file of my application. How I can do that this jar file
run always using administration rights?

In general, you have to execute the JVM as a user having the required
administrative rights. Other arrangements are operating system
dependent, e.g. setuid on Unix:

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Setuid>

Perhaps you can say what OS you are using and mention a little more
about your goal.

Roedy Green

I created jar file of my application. How I can do that this jar file
run always using administration rights?

Jars are not executables, so the pedantic answer is you can't.

What you can do is sign the jar which gives it its code greater scope.
See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/signedapplets.html

You can also run java.exe as an administrator. The way I do it is to
use Take Command. I open a command prompt with the Run as
Administrator option, then type java.exe.

see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/takecommand.html
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

There is a certain cosmic justice in the bankruptcy of General Motors. People at every level of the economic spectrum who for
economic motives helped GM pummel the environment with deliberately inefficient automobiles are being punished both severely and economically.