Jasper pre-compile include JSP pages?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Joe Bloggs, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Joe Bloggs

    Joe Bloggs Guest

    Hi,

    I have a problem where Tomcat's Jasper seems to pre-compile include JSP
    pages rather than merging them into the main JSP before compiling them as an
    entire page. Having pre-compiled the include pages cause the unterminated
    tag errors.

    Is there anything I can do to stop this "feature"? Jetty doesn't seem to do
    this.

    Example:
    ---------

    header.jsp:

    :

    Main.jsp
    --------------

    <jsp:include page="header.jsp" flush="true" />

    :

    Shouldn't a web server like Tomcat, Jetty, etc merge header.jsp with
    Main.jsp before compiling the page rather than compiling them individually?

    Is there any Tomcat configuration I can set (inside web.xml or server.xml)
    to stop Tomcat/Jasper from pre-compiling include JSPs?

    Thanks.

    Regards,

    Joe Bloggs, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Joe Bloggs

    Darren Guest

    Hi

    I'm having exactly the same problem. I was wondering if you'd found a solution.

    Cheers

    Darren, Aug 1, 2003