Java and Cellphones

Roedy Green

I am contemplating doing a cellphone entry for the Java glossary.

If you have any thoughts about what should go in it, please pass it
along.

The sorts of questions I would like to answer:

1. just how standard is Java in the cellphone. Are you in practice
coding for a particular brand, model, service provider?

2. What do you need to get started just to experiment? What do you
need if you get serious?

3. What brands of cellphone/providers do you recommend for
development?

4. In development how do you download the phone?

5. In production how do you download phones?

6. Is there a way to distribute, sell or collect royalties for cell
phone programs?

7. What do you think the "killer apps" will be for cellphone Java?