java applet and browser session state - HELP!

plank

Hi,

I have a java applet that is being used to upload photos to a webserver. It is all working fine except for one thing:

When there are lot of photos.. of if they are really large.. it takes longer than 20mins to upload all the files. i am
assuming the java applet creates a new session when connection to the web server.. so when the upload has finished the
browsers session has timed out.. and the user is logged out straight away.

Is there any way to keep the brwoser session alive during this upload? Or maybe force the java applet to use the same session
as the browser?

Any help would be grately appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Anil