    gmcdanie Guest

    I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.

    Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair job.

    gmcdanie, Feb 13, 2004

  2. gmcdanie

    Adam Guest

    "gmcdanie" <> wrote in message
    news:2AYWb.39537$...
    > I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >
    > Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a

    fair job.

    What, is google broken down?
    How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
    in google? Easier than posting
    a newsgroup, that's for sure!

    Adam

    Adam, Feb 13, 2004

  3. gmcdanie

    Eric Bodden Guest

    Once upon a time <2AYWb.39537$>,
    gmcdanie <> enriched the world with the following:

    > I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.

    Try SOOT from Sable McGill. That's pretty sophisticated. It let's you
    decompile into various intermediate represenations (suitable for bytecode
    optimization) and to real Java Sourcecode. Also it is able to compile back
    from any of those.

    Eric

    Eric Bodden
    ICQ UIN: 12656220
    Website: http://www.bodden.de
    PGP key available

    Eric Bodden, Feb 13, 2004
  4. gmcdanie

    KD Guest

    gmcdanie wrote:

    > I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >
    > Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair job.

    Try JODE. Its open source
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jode/

    KD, Feb 13, 2004
  5. gmcdanie

    Hugh Lutley Guest

    On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:34:58 +0100, Adam wrote:

    > "gmcdanie" <> wrote in message
    >> I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a

    > fair job.
    >

    > What, is google broken down?
    > How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
    > in google? Easier than posting
    > a newsgroup, that's for sure!
    >
    > Adam

    Google searches the net, news users give good advice (sometimes!).

    There is a difference.

    Hugh
    --
    /* Hugh Lutley aKa Spewy
    * This message was created on either

    Hugh Lutley, Feb 13, 2004
  6. gmcdanie

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "Hugh Lutley" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:34:58 +0100, Adam wrote:
    >

    > > "gmcdanie" <> wrote in message
    > >> I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    > >>
    > >> Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a

    > > fair job.
    > >

    > > What, is google broken down?
    > > How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
    > > in google? Easier than posting
    > > a newsgroup, that's for sure!
    > >
    > > Adam

    > Google searches the net, news users give good advice (sometimes!).
    >
    > There is a difference.

    Google searches usenet archives, which is all the good advice previously
    given to people who asked exactly the same questions from people who get
    tired of saying the same thing over and over and over and over...

    Ryan Stewart, Feb 13, 2004
  7. gmcdanie

    gmcdanie Guest

    If I wanted critisism I would have said...

    Anyone know of a good Java decompiler and please criticize me as well.

    I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java.

    I was asking more for what you newsgroup people like to use and anyother
    input that might be hard to find on Google.

    Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself because
    this question has been asked a hundred times before just don't respond.

    gmcdanie, Feb 13, 2004
  8. gmcdanie

    gmcdanie Guest

    Thanks for your input...

    I did not see this one when doing a Google search. I will check it out.

    gmcdanie, Feb 13, 2004
  9. gmcdanie

    gmcdanie Guest

    I tried this one. It wasn't very helpful for me.

    Thanks though.

    gmcdanie, Feb 13, 2004
  10. gmcdanie

    Anton Spaans Guest

    There
    "gmcdanie" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >
    > Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair

    job.

    This is a free one and works really well (and simple). It is called CavaJ

    http://www.bysoft.se/sureshot/cavaj/

    -- Anton Spaans.

    Anton Spaans, Feb 13, 2004
  11. > Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself because
    > this question has been asked a hundred times before just don't respond.

    I can understand where you are coming from, but there are a TON of requests
    to the newsgroups that could easily be fetched with a google usetnet lookup.
    Unfortunately, sometimes legitimate requests get attacked. It is actually
    bothersome for people who spend a lot of time in a particular group to keep
    seeing the same issues over and over again.

    Collin VanDyck, Feb 13, 2004
  12. gmcdanie wrote:
    > "Adam" ...
    >> "gmcdanie" ...
    >>> I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a
    >>> fair job.

    >> What, is google broken down?
    >> How hard is it to type 'java decompiler'
    >> in google? Easier than posting
    >> a newsgroup, that's for sure!

    > If I wanted critisism I would have said...

    If you wanted to avoid criticism, you might
    have asked a smart question. In your question,
    you _might_ have stated something like..

    "I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java."

    Which is exactly what you state (claim) later *
    (or rather, top-post).

    You also respond to the person that suggested it,
    "I tried this one. It wasn't very helpful for me."

    Yeah, why?? Your comment was not very
    useful to _anyone_.

    > Anyone know of a good Java decompiler and please criticize me as well.

    You deserve criticism, and plenty of it,
    get off your butt and formulate an
    intelligent question, but first, research the
    question properly.

    *
    > I searched Google. I came up with JODE and DJ Java.
    >
    > I was asking more for what you newsgroup people like to use

    So why not state that? Just because
    you selfishly cross-post to 3 groups,
    one of which is c.l.j.swt, does not mean
    we can guess that was in your head.

    Do you think we are telepathic?

    >...and
    > anyother input that might be hard to find on Google.
    >
    > Sheesh you guys need to relax if you don't want to repeat yourself
    > because this question has been asked a hundred times before just
    > don't respond.

    We have to work to increase the S/N
    ratio against lazy, ignorant, ungrateful gits
    such as you.

    It's a tough job, but someone has to do it,
    otherwise the group would become swamped.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 13, 2004
  13. gmcdanie

    Haider Kazmi Guest

    Re: Java Decompiler - preserve line numbers

    Actually what would be interesting to find if there is any decompiler
    available (freely) that preserves line information.

    The only time I use a decompiler is when I need to figure out whats going
    wrong in a part of code that is throwing an exception and I don't have its
    original source.

    I recently had to decompile some jboss code cause there was some missing
    source code for it. I ended up decompiling and recompiling and producing the
    exception again for the relevent code to figure out whats going wrong :(

    A deCompiler that preservs line information would have been great and saved
    me atleast an hr.

    cheers

    "Anton Spaans" <aspaans at(noSPAM) smarttime dot(noSPAM) com> wrote in
    message news:...

    Haider Kazmi, Feb 13, 2004
  14. gmcdanie

    gmcdanie Guest

    My mistake that I did not ask the question correctly.
    Sorry for any inconvenience.

    I am new to news groups and hadn't done anything with the Google usenet.

    You guys need to start being nicer...

    P.S. all claims made were factual.
    If I am wrong about something I admit it.

    gmcdanie, Feb 13, 2004
  15. gmcdanie

    GaryM Guest

    "Ryan Stewart" <> wrote in

    > Google searches usenet archives, which is all the good advice
    > previously given to people who asked exactly the same questions
    > from people who get tired of saying the same thing over and over
    > and over and over...

    But it can be old advice, though I agree it should be first port of
    call.

    GaryM, Feb 13, 2004
  16. Andrew Thompson, Feb 13, 2004
  17. gmcdanie

    GaryM Guest

    "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in news:qU8Xb.54709
    $:

    > Sort by relevance | *Sort* *by* *date*
    >
    > RHS under second yellowish bar.
    >
    > Where's my spoon? ;-)

    The | means sort by date is not necessarily relevant, and indeed, it
    isn't so.

    GaryM, Feb 13, 2004
  18. gmcdanie

    ct Guest

    ct, Feb 14, 2004
  19. gmcdanie

    nos Guest

    "gmcdanie" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking for a Java Decompiler... preferably free.
    >
    > Any suggestions. Ease of use isn't a problem as long as it does a fair

    job.

    NMI's Java Code Viewer

    nos, Feb 14, 2004
  20. gmcdanie