java error in apache tomcat

bhamoo

guys,

I am getting an java error when i run a java app in tomcat. here it is
what I get in the browser

-----------------------
type Exception report
message
it from fulfilling this request.

exception
com.unanet.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:39)
com.unanet.servlet.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:43)

root cause
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:833)
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:777)
com.unanet.servlet.ActionServlet.doService(ActionServlet.java:64)
com.unanet.servlet.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:31)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
com.unanet.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:39)
com.unanet.servlet.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:43)

Chris Smith

I am getting an java error when i run a java app in tomcat. here it is
what I get in the browser

The complaint is that you're missing some library or class that's needed
for the application to work. It looks like the missing class might be
the database drivers. Does that help?

bhamoo

The complaint is that you're missing some library or class that's needed
for the application to work. It looks like the missing class might be
the database drivers. Does that help?

-------------------------------

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, it does help but how do I know what is missing
if it's drivers where can I get and where do I need to place it so
tomcat or java see it.
I am new top tomcat and Java.
IS there a way you can give some information in detail.

thanks for your help
RTR

bencoe

-------------------------------

Chris,

Thanks for the reply, it does help but how do I know what is missing
if it's drivers where can I get and where do I need to place it so
tomcat or java see it.
I am new top tomcat and Java.
IS there a way you can give some information in detail.

thanks for your help
RTR

To hunt down what you're missing just read the error message
closely...

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:
833)
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:
777)
com.unanet.servlet.ActionServlet.doService(ActionServlet.java:
64)
com.unanet.servlet.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:31)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
com.unanet.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:39)

com.unanet.servlet.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:43)

This suggests to me that you are probably misisng a class called
Unanet.class... which seems to be packaged in com.unanet.servlet...
You'll need to find a jar file that holds this mysterious library. If
you're completely lost, start un-jaring some files and investigating:

jar -xvf something.jar

Ben.

Chris Smith

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:833)
com.unanet.servlet.Unanet.validateDatabaseVersion(Unanet.java:777)
com.unanet.servlet.ActionServlet.doService(ActionServlet.java:64)
This suggests to me that you are probably misisng a class called
Unanet.class...

Nah, Unanet itself is there. Actually the missing class is the one that
is used by Unanet on line 833 of its source code. From the names of the
methods, I'm guess that's database drivers.

For RTR: Do you know what database this application uses? That may be a
hint as to what you need. Or, if you have the source code, look at line
833 of com/unanet/servlet/Unanet.java and tell us what's there.

bhamoo

Nah, Unanet itself is there. Actually the missing class is the one that
is used by Unanet on line 833 of its source code. From the names of the
methods, I'm guess that's database drivers.

For RTR: Do you know what database this application uses? That may be a
hint as to what you need. Or, if you have the source code, look at line
833 of com/unanet/servlet/Unanet.java and tell us what's there.

The database this application uses is MSsql2000. So from what you are
saying is that this is a database driver issue.

I have the insatlled files but cannot find "unanet.java", i dont have
the source code for this app.

thanks again.

rtr

bhamoo

The database this application uses is MSsql2000. So from what you are
saying is that this is a database driver issue.

I have the insatlled files but cannot find "unanet.java", i dont have
the source code for this app.

thanks again.

rtr

-------------

Also wanted to add this appilcation uses this driver for database.

unatime.database.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

if this helps you.

bencoe

-------------

Also wanted to add this appilcation uses this driver for database.

unatime.database.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

if this helps you.

This JDBC library works great, is trying another connector out an
option?

com.mysql.jdbc.jdbc2.optional.MysqlDataSource;

bencoe

The database this application uses is MSsql2000. So from what you are
saying is that this is a database driver issue.

I have the insatlled files but cannot find "unanet.java", i dont have
the source code for this app.

thanks again.

rtr

I just noticed you're using MSSql2000, I don't think my suggestion
about using another connector is viable, I use MySQL. Sorry about the
confusion,

and good luck,

Ben.

Chris Smith

The database this application uses is MSsql2000. So from what you are
saying is that this is a database driver issue.

I have the insatlled files but cannot find "unanet.java", i dont have
the source code for this app.

Okay. Since we're not even 100% sure what's going on and you don't have
the source code that would tell us, now would be a good time for you to
contact Unanet's support and ask them for help.