    the book Core J2EE Design Patterns By Deepak Alur et al., Can anyone
    suggest which patterns to start with or read with. I am new to J2EE,
    Server side programming and I want to have a feel. Thanks, astrorail

    astrorail, Nov 10, 2004

  2. astrorail

    KiLVaiDeN Guest

    "astrorail" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, Can anyone explain what patterns are used in Struts? Also I have
    > the book Core J2EE Design Patterns By Deepak Alur et al., Can anyone
    > suggest which patterns to start with or read with. I am new to J2EE,
    > Server side programming and I want to have a feel. Thanks, astrorail

    I'd suggest you to take a look to this website, it surely gives a good
    overview of patterns : http://www.patterndepot.com/put/8/JavaPatterns.htm

    But that might be not what you were searching for, so good luck for finding
    an answer to your needs !

    KiLVaiDeN, Nov 10, 2004

  3. astrorail

    chetans

    Joined:
    May 14, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Struts Design Patterns

    Design Pattenrs:
    1) Front Controller pattern :
    This pattern has a component which looks for all the requests that are landing onto web application with particular URL pattern
    and routs them into the inside framework for further proccessing.

    *Controller manages common system services e.g. security services, Data validation
    *Declarative Navigation maps logical flow to implemented pages
    *forward options are specified in struts-config.xml, rather than java code.

    2) Command pattern : Action Class
    Takes care of the communicating with the diff components.
    3) Composite Pattern : Tiles
    4) Decorator Pattern : Sitemesh

    chetans, May 14, 2011