java script for popups

Discussion in 'Java' started by evander, Aug 19, 2003.

  1. evander

    evander Guest

    hi guys,
    i want to have all links on a web page popup with minimal
    borders. i can get a single link to do this with the following code:

    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    closetime=0;

    function Start(URL){
    windowprops="directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=n
    o,status=no,toolbar=yes,width=750,height=500,left=25,screenX=25,top=25,scree
    nY=25";
    preview=window.open(URL,"popWin",windowprops);
    if (closetime) setTimeout("preview.close();", closetime*1000);
    }

    function popupWin(){
    url="XXXXXXXX"
    delay=0;
    timer = setTimeout("Start(url)", delay*1000);
    window.status="";
    }
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>

    Click Here
    </a>

    but not multiple links or picture hotspots.
    is there a java script (or what ever...) i can add to the html so that all
    windows popup like this? i just want the links that open in a new windows to
    open with minimal features maybe only a scroll bar and the top bar.

    regards
    darren

    evander, Aug 19, 2003

  2. evander <> scribbled the following:
    > hi guys,
    > i want to have all links on a web page popup with minimal
    > borders. i can get a single link to do this with the following code:

    This has nothing to do with Java. Please ask Javascript questions in a
    Javascript newsgroup. Thanks.
    Sheesh. Why couldn't Netscape have stuck with "Livescript"? Or failing
    that, "Squirglepleex". Damn Netscape to Hell.

    "Last year he disrespected me - and then he showed lack of respect."
    - Anthony Mason

    Joona I Palaste, Aug 19, 2003