    java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

    However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

    Thanks.

    bob smith, Jan 18, 2013

  2. bob smith

    Stefan Ram Guest

    bob smith <> writes:
    >So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
    >java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

    Under Mac src.zip/jar might be in

    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_22-b04-307.jdk/Contents/Home
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_29-b11-402.jdk/Contents/Home
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_10.jdk/Contents/Home/

    or so. Or try this search in a web search engine (it should
    be an engine with the G [generic] search engine interface):

    "package java.awt" "class Window" "shaio" -summary

    Stefan Ram, Jan 18, 2013

  3. bob smith

    bob smith Guest

    On Friday, January 18, 2013 11:24:13 AM UTC-6, bob smith wrote:
    > So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
    >

    > java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)
    >

    > However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?
    >

    > Thanks.

    I went to the Apple Developer Connection and got some Java thing for Developers.

    It was about 150 MB.

    Then the source is here:

    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0_37-b06-434.jdk/Contents/Home/src.jar

    BTW, anyone know why I can't post images to this group?

    bob smith, Jan 18, 2013
  4. bob smith

    Eric Sosman Guest

    Eric Sosman, Jan 18, 2013
  5. bob smith

    bob smith Guest

    On Friday, January 18, 2013 12:36:20 PM UTC-6, Eric Sosman wrote:
    > On 1/18/2013 1:20 PM, bob smith wrote:
    >
    > >[...]

    > > BTW, anyone know why I can't post images to this group?

    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet#Binary_content
    >

    > --
    >
    > Eric Sosman

    Oh yeah.

    I forgot the difference between Google Groups and Usenet.

    bob smith, Jan 18, 2013
  6. bob smith

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:24:13 -0800 (PST), bob smith
    who said :

    >So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:
    >
    >java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)
    >
    >However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

    This depends on your IDE. I use IntelliJ. I point to a word, hit
    Ctrl-B and it takes me to the definition.

    For it to work, you normally have to do some sort of configuring to
    tell your IDE where to look for source code.

    Try google "name-of-my-ide java jump to definition source"
    time.
    ~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

    Roedy Green, Jan 18, 2013
  7. bob smith

    Joerg Meier Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 15:00:32 -0800, Roedy Green wrote:

    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 09:24:13 -0800 (PST), bob smith
    > who said :
    >>So, I'm doing some Java Swing development, and I wanted to jump to the source of this method:

    >>java.awt.Window.setVisible(boolean)

    >>However, I'm on a Mac, and I'm not sure how to attach the source. Anyone know how to do this?

    > This depends on your IDE. I use IntelliJ. I point to a word, hit
    > Ctrl-B and it takes me to the definition.

    > For it to work, you normally have to do some sort of configuring to
    > tell your IDE where to look for source code.

    On Eclipse, it's F3. If the source is not attached, it will ask you to
    locate it.

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Joerg

    ungelesen.