    Any help at all would be much aprechiated.

    Kind Regards,
    Ted
    Ted, Sep 18, 2004

  2. Ted

    Sudsy Guest

    Ted wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am trying to create a ssh/telnet client as a Java application.

    <snip>

    Why? People have already travelled this road. Try this link:
    <http://javassl.org>
    Sudsy, Sep 18, 2004

  3. Ted

    Sudsy Guest

    Sudsy wrote:
    > Ted wrote:

    <snip>
    > Why? People have already travelled this road. Try this link:
    > <http://javassl.org>

    Oops! That should (of course) read:
    <http://javassh.org>
    Sudsy, Sep 18, 2004
  4. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Hi,

    Thanks for the link.

    > > Why? People have already travelled this road. Try this link:

    I just want to learn it for myself.

    Thanks again,

    Ted, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Ted

    Sudsy Guest

    Ted wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Thanks for the link.
    >

    >>>Why? People have already travelled this road. Try this link:

    > I just want to learn it for myself.
    >
    > Thanks again,

    Fair enough, but you might want to focus on transferable skills. In
    particular, digitally signing and encrypting/decrypting XML documents.
    Many of the underlying concepts are the same. The big difference, as
    far as I'm concerned, is that someone isn't going to hire you based
    on the fact that you've written an implementation of ssh in Java.
    Larger businesses could be quite interested if you have demonstrated
    skills in technologies which are increasingly applicable to the B2B
    arena. I see this as a big growth area, particularly the non-repudiation
    facet. YMMV.
    Sudsy, Sep 19, 2004