java web server 1.1.3 and java 1.4.1 problem

Discussion in 'Java' started by Madhur Ahuja, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. Madhur Ahuja

    Madhur Ahuja Guest

    Hello
    I have got a weird problem with Java web server v 1.1.3 running
    with
    java version "1.4.1_01"
    Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_01-b01)

    I have added the following paths to my classpath:
    D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\lib\jws.jar
    D:\JavaWebServer1.1.3\servlets

    The servlets directory contain servlets and I can run them through
    localhost/servlet/<servletname>
    However if I add a new (my own)servlet to that directory, I am not able
    to run them. It shows HTTP 404 - File not found.

    I think, one has to add the servlet in the Servlet administration box
    where all the servlets are listed. I even tried adding those servlets to
    them but it shows the error:

    Cannot update servlet <servletname>: cannot find class :
    <classname> for <servletname>

    The servlets do not contain any error as I can run them through
    JSDK 2.0. I even tried running sun's example servlets.

    The interesting thing is , I have tried monitoring the operation
    of jrew.exe through file monitor and it shows the clearly accessing and
    opening the class file, but still the browser returns with the error.

    --

    Homepage & other stuff
    http://madhur.netfirms.com
    Madhur Ahuja, Sep 20, 2004