java web server

sc_wizard29

Hi everyone,

We need to deploy a web application on an intranet. This application
will have to be used by 300 people at the same time.

Since this application is based on servlets/jsp, we use Tomcat on our
development platform, but the benchmarks we have consulted show that
Tomcat may not be the best solution for a production environment.

The problem I have is that the benchmarks compare Tomcat with
application servers... but what we need is not exactly an application
server, only a web server that can also handle servlets/jsp.

Do you know of any other Tomcat alternative that could do the job in a
production environment ?

Thanks for helping...

Viator

What I feel is that for 300 concurrent users Tomcat is not a bad choice
either. Any way if you find the problem with Tomcat later you can
always replace it.

Amit :)

sc_wizard29

Thanks a lot abigale... the link you gave me seems to prove that Tomcat
is a good servlet container.

Too bad BEA and Sun refused to give the authorisation to publish their
benchmark...