    I use Windows XP.

    thanks,
    Alex
    alex_us01, Mar 24, 2008

  2. alex_us01 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
    > where is it downloaded?
    >
    > I use Windows XP.
    >
    > thanks,
    > Alex

    To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

    --

    Knute Johnson
    email s/nospam/linux/

    Knute Johnson, Mar 24, 2008

  3. alex_us01

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Mar 24, 2008
  4. alex_us01

    Lew Guest

    Knute Johnson wrote:
    > alex_us01 wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
    >> where is it downloaded?
    >>
    >> I use Windows XP.
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> Alex

    > To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

    It's a client-side configuration item.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 25, 2008
  5. On Mar 25, 12:28 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > Knute Johnson wrote:
    > > alex_us01 wrote:
    > >> Hello,

    > >> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
    > >> where is it downloaded?

    > > To the cache if there is room.

    > It's a client-side configuration item.

    Well put. But I think this question would
    best be approached by asking a question of
    the OP.

    What feature do you wish to offer to the end
    user by knowing this information?

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org
    Andrew Thompson, Mar 25, 2008
  6. Lew wrote:
    > Knute Johnson wrote:
    >> alex_us01 wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> When a .jar file is downloaded via Java WebStart,
    >>> where is it downloaded?
    >>>
    >>> I use Windows XP.
    >>>
    >>> thanks,

    >> To the cache if there is room. I don't know where that is physically.

    > It's a client-side configuration item.

    A very simple JWS app could reveal it.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 26, 2008
  7. On Mar 26, 11:41 am, Arne Vajhøj <> wrote:

    > A very simple JWS app could reveal it.

    Care to share this 'very simple' JWS app. that could
    reveal the cache location* in *both Java 1.5 as well
    as Java 1.6?*

    * There was some hackish code that worked to reveal
    the info. for 1.5, but it broke in 1.6.

    There are almost certainly better strategies to
    achieving the ultimate goal. Since we still do
    not know what the ultimate goal is, this problem
    cannot be adequately resolved.

    --
    Andrew T.
    PhySci.org