Javamail and followup flags

aaronfude

Hi,

When accessing an IMAP folder with Outlook, I can set different colored
flags. Does this flag the messages on the server side and can I
retrieve and change that flag via javamail?

(Alternatively, is there any flag (I'm guessing a user flag) that
javamail can set that can be displayed by Outlook?)

Very many thanks in advance!

Aaron Fude

Thomas Weidenfeller

When accessing an IMAP folder with Outlook, I can set different colored
flags. Does this flag the messages on the server side

Yes, see the RFC 2060 and RFC 3501.
and can I
retrieve and change that flag via javamail?

See the API documentation for the obvious javax.mail.Flags class for a
start.

/Thomas

aaronfude

Thomas said:
Yes, see the RFC 2060 and RFC 3501.

I think I should have had more info in my original post.

I have used Outlook to give a few messages on the IMAP server flags of
different colors. When I look at the same messages via JavaMail I see
that they are all flagged but I do not know how to get the color.
"flags.getUserFlags()" returns an array of length 0. While the source
that you directed me to indicate to me where else to look?

Thanks!