JavaMail some troubles

oi

i am noob in java programming/ but some days ago began to learn
javamail library.
and i hav't seen information, how remove mail from folder.

can u help me?

RedGrittyBrick

oi wrote (again and again and again):
i am noob in java programming/ but some days ago began to learn
javamail library.
and i hav't seen information, how remove mail from folder.

can u help me?

Someone take Google Groups outside and shoot it. Please.

Dear oi, if GG ever lets you read this message, please download a decent
newsreader, there's lots listed at
http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

Greg R. Broderick

[posted and mailed]

i am noob in java programming/ but some days ago began to learn
javamail library.
and i hav't seen information, how remove mail from folder.

can u help me?

Please read the follow-ups to your several prior postings making this same
request.

Regards

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

Twisted

oi wrote (again and again and again):

Someone take Google Groups outside and shoot it. Please.

Dear oi, if GG ever lets you read this message, please download a decent
newsreader, there's lots listed athttp://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

Fat lot of good it will do him. GG still doesn't provide proper NNTP
service (which is funny since GMail has provided poper POP3 service
for donkey's years) and I assume if he's using GG that his ISP doesn't
either. Where else is he going to use it? Surely you're not suggesting
he PAY EXTRA for news access, which SHOULD be free/bundled with
existing internet access fees (and always USED to be)? I suppose
you'll later suggest he should have to pay extra to actually receive
email too after paying for net access? Or maybe even for access to
DNS? Where does it stop -- paying extra and separately for every
different protocol and every single byte? Which megacorp do you work
for again? I'm guessing it's one of the big and evil telcos, Verizon
maybe, given where your sympathies appear to lie here and where your
advice would end up funneling this poor sap's money.

Sherm Pendley

RedGrittyBrick said:
Someone take Google Groups outside and shoot it. Please.

I already have, in a manner of speaking, by simply killfiling any
post from GG.

sherm--

Wojtek

RedGrittyBrick wrote :
oi wrote (again and again and again):

Someone take Google Groups outside and shoot it. Please.

from the message header

Twisted

RedGrittyBrick wrote :

from the message header

It would have to be (e-mail address removed). Google itself is
responsible in this case; the user you're following up to isn't being
abusive, but simply retrying a posting that has from their point of
view failed by not showing up for tens of minutes. And they're doing
so because some Google technician started jerking off in the machine
room, accidentally kicked loose a network connector early in their
activities, and remained too busy fantasizing about Jenna Jameson for
several whole days to bother plugging it back in again. (Or at least
this is a hypothesis entirely consistent with all of the observable
evidence, and rather more plausible than most others I've heard so
far.)

Twisted

[posted and mailed]

i am noob in java programming/ but some days ago began to learn
javamail library.
and i hav't seen information, how remove mail from folder.
can u help me?

Please read the follow-ups to your several prior postings making this same
request.

What follow-ups? There were none. None that he saw, that is. I find it
disturbing that you jump to the conclusion that he ignored them rather
than that his news service failed to show them to him, when his
behavior is consistent with either theory and the former is not
rational or easily explained behavior but the latter, given Google's
track record with Groups, is if not exactly rational, at least easily
explained. (See another posting in this same thread.)

Lew

Twisted said:
How silly and elitist.

Speaking of "silly", how about hurling an insult at someone via GG when he's
already mentioned that he killfiles all GG posts? You've guaranteed that
Sherm is not going to see your criticism of him.

Besides, it's neither "silly" nor "elitist". There is no ego-superiority
involved, just a desire not to see the same posts repeatedly, then the whining
from GG people who complain to this newsgroup instead of the responsible
parties. Maybe he's not so much "elitist" as raising the signal-to-noise
ratio of his Usenet perusal.

Lew

Twisted said:
It would have to be (e-mail address removed). Google itself is
responsible in this case; the user you're following up to isn't being
abusive, but simply retrying a posting that has from their point of
view failed by not showing up for tens of minutes.

So complain to GG and stop harassing this community. Since GG users know that
they're using GG, they need to not abuse it by continual reposting of their
messages. Just sit and wait (and wait, and wait) instead of selfishly and
egocentrically spam-posting.

The reposter indeed was abusing this group by reposting after a mere "tens of
minutes". GG users should be responsible for their stench and not inflict it
on those using real newsreaders.

nebulous99

Speaking of "silly", how about hurling an insult at someone via GG when he's
already mentioned that he killfiles all GG posts? You've guaranteed that
Sherm is not going to see your criticism of him.

I'm guaranteed the last word, too. Or I would have been had you not
intervened. :p
Besides, it's neither "silly" nor "elitist".

Indiscriminately killfiling everyone who has posted or will ever post
from an entire, very large provider is clearly quite silly and doing
so from a belief that the users of that provider are
disproportionately not worth listening to is clearly quite elitist.
It's the 21st century version of blanket AOL-bashing in fact.

nebulous99

So complain to GG and stop harassing this community. Since GG users know that
they're using GG, they need to not abuse it by continual reposting of their
messages. Just sit and wait (and wait, and wait) instead of selfishly and
egocentrically spam-posting.

You actually do thing that GG users (and only GG users) should not
retry apparently failed postings?
The reposter indeed was abusing this group by reposting after a mere "tens of
minutes". GG users should be responsible for their stench and not inflict it
on those using real newsreaders.

You are just as much an elitist prig as Sherm. :p

Lew

Indiscriminately killfiling everyone who has posted or will ever post
from an entire, very large provider is clearly quite silly and doing
so from a belief that the users of that provider are
disproportionately not worth listening to is clearly quite elitist.
It's the 21st century version of blanket AOL-bashing in fact.

No one expressed that belief. They expressed a desire not to see the same
posts repeatedly offered by people too selfish to wait for their provider.

nebulous99

No one expressed that belief. They expressed a desire not to see the same
posts repeatedly offered by people too selfish to wait for their provider.

Why do you reply to threads that you obviously haven't even fucking
read any of???

"I already have, in a manner of speaking, by simply killfiling any
post from GG.

sherm--"

HE KILLFILED THE WHOLE FUCKING NEWS PROVIDER, NOT JUST THE ONE USER HE
FOUND ANNOYING.

This implies a belief that ALL (or disproportionately many of) the
users of that provider are not and never will be worth his time. Which
is exactly what you are arguing he doesn't believe. The evidence says
that I'm right and you're wrong. It's that simple, and anyone with a
3rd-grade reading comprehension ability would have made the correct
inferences and come up with the same conclusion I did and not your
diametrically-opposite one.

Please, for all our sakes (including your own), unplug your modem
until you've grown a lot of new grey cells.

Lew

Why do you reply to threads that you obviously haven't even fucking
read any of???

"I already have, in a manner of speaking, by simply killfiling any
post from GG.

sherm--"

HE KILLFILED THE WHOLE FUCKING NEWS PROVIDER, NOT JUST THE ONE USER HE
FOUND ANNOYING.

There, there. No need to shout and swear.

This implies a belief that ALL (or disproportionately many of) the
users of that provider are not and never will be worth his time. Which

No, it implies a belief that that source creates annoying repetition annoying
repetition annoying repetition of the same posts.

You are quite mistaken.
is exactly what you are arguing he doesn't believe. The evidence says
that I'm right and you're wrong. It's that simple, and anyone with a
3rd-grade reading comprehension ability would have made the correct

And you think the /ad hominem/ attack supports your logic?
inferences and come up with the same conclusion I did and not your
diametrically-opposite one.

I completely disagree with you on this conclusion and the one you cite.
Please, for all our sakes (including your own), unplug your modem
until you've grown a lot of new grey cells.

Again, insults serve to support your logic? Do you imagine that they are
somehow clever or engaging? Do you think that impugning my grey cells in any
way invalidates anything I've said, or in any way makes you look better? In
fact, your descent into name-calling only indicates how very weak your
position must be, else why would you stoop to such uncouth behavior?

You are so very far wrong. Tsk, tsk.

Twisted

No, it implies a belief that that source creates annoying repetition annoying
repetition annoying repetition of the same posts.

It implies a belief that a particular news provider is inherently bad
and since it happens to be where the poorest 90% of internet users
congregate, it is tantamount to elitism.

[Several violently rude insults snipped]

Will you stop following up to everything I write to attack and insult
me for Christ's sake?! Haven't you got anything better to do, asshole?
And you think the /ad hominem/ attack supports your logic?

You're one to talk, insulting me every single time you open your
network connection and post another bit of drivel to cljp lately.
I completely disagree with you on this conclusion and the one you cite.

Fine. Feel free to disagree. But stop insulting me just because you
don't agree with my conclusions!
Again, insults serve to support your logic?

Are you saying that my insults don't support my arguments, but your
insults do support your arguments? That's quite the double standard!

[Remainder of insulting twaddle snipped]

Go away.

Greg R. Broderick

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @m3g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:
It's the 21st century version of blanket AOL-bashing in fact.

When the majority of posts from such a provider demonstrate (as yours several
postings do) such a lack of ability to engage in minimally civil discourse,
then yes, one is justified in killfiling the whole provider. I've done the
same thing to webtv and the anonymizing news servers - my news reader (and in
this case, *my* news server too), my rules about what content I allow to be
stored on it.

So long, see ya in a year or so.

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

Roedy Green

What are your complaints with people using google groups?

Or is your complaint merely than newbies tend to post that way?