    JavaScript and HTML. HTML part is easy; the JavaScript part is less
    straightforward. Please provide any helpful tips and links to any
    plug-ins or add-ons for JavaScript compiling.

    Robert, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Robert

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Robert wrote:
    > I have begun coding some JavaScript as part of my HTML layout. Let me
    > know if you have any suggestions for a color code editor/complier,
    > which would help me sort out code misspelling and errors. Firefox,
    > Dreamweaver, HTML-Kit, and Textpad remain in my web development
    > arsenal. But I am unfamiliar with integrating these tools with
    > JavaScript and HTML. HTML part is easy; the JavaScript part is less
    > straightforward. Please provide any helpful tips and links to any
    > plug-ins or add-ons for JavaScript compiling.

    Trial and error I guess... I dont know of any good tools for this other
    than FireFox's javascript console and hand-coding in DreamWeaver and
    then LOTS of testing in IE6/IE5.5/IE5.2(mac)/FireFox1.0/Opera

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Dec 17, 2004

  3. Robert

    neredbojias Guest

    Without quill or qualm, Robert quothed:

    > I have begun coding some JavaScript as part of my HTML layout. Let me
    > know if you have any suggestions for a color code editor/complier,
    > which would help me sort out code misspelling and errors. Firefox,
    > Dreamweaver, HTML-Kit, and Textpad remain in my web development
    > arsenal. But I am unfamiliar with integrating these tools with
    > JavaScript and HTML. HTML part is easy; the JavaScript part is less
    > straightforward. Please provide any helpful tips and links to any
    > plug-ins or add-ons for JavaScript compiling.

    According to some scholars, arsenal is the ancient Celtic word for
    "asshole".

    Be that as it may, try getting a good, code-intensive book on javascript.
    I purchased "Pure Javascript" (-used, but barely) for $5.00 from
    BarnesandNoble.com.

    --
    Neredbojias

    neredbojias, Dec 17, 2004
  4. Robert

    Randy Webb Guest

    neredbojias wrote:
    > Without quill or qualm, Robert quothed:
    >

    >>I have begun coding some JavaScript as part of my HTML layout. Let me
    >>know if you have any suggestions for a color code editor/complier,
    >>which would help me sort out code misspelling and errors. Firefox,
    >>Dreamweaver, HTML-Kit, and Textpad remain in my web development
    >>arsenal. But I am unfamiliar with integrating these tools with
    >>JavaScript and HTML. HTML part is easy; the JavaScript part is less
    >>straightforward. Please provide any helpful tips and links to any
    >>plug-ins or add-ons for JavaScript compiling.
    >>

    > According to some scholars, arsenal is the ancient Celtic word for
    > "asshole".
    >
    > Be that as it may, try getting a good, code-intensive book on javascript.
    > I purchased "Pure Javascript" (-used, but barely) for $5.00 from
    > BarnesandNoble.com.

    At least its "barely" used but it was still a wasted 5 dollars.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Dec 17, 2004
  5. Robert

    neredbojias Guest

    Without quill or qualm, Randy Webb quothed:

    > > According to some scholars, arsenal is the ancient Celtic word for
    > > "asshole".
    > >
    > > Be that as it may, try getting a good, code-intensive book on javascript.
    > > I purchased "Pure Javascript" (-used, but barely) for $5.00 from
    > > BarnesandNoble.com.

    > At least its "barely" used but it was still a wasted 5 dollars.

    There are none so blind as those who will not see. -Or cannot see. It
    may not be the easiest book in the world, but if one is willing to do the
    work, one can derive much that is useful from aforementioned tome.

    --
    Neredbojias

    neredbojias, Dec 18, 2004
  6. Robert

    Randy Webb Guest

    neredbojias wrote:
    > Without quill or qualm, Randy Webb quothed:
    >

    >>>According to some scholars, arsenal is the ancient Celtic word for
    >>>"asshole".
    >>>
    >>>Be that as it may, try getting a good, code-intensive book on javascript.
    >>>I purchased "Pure Javascript" (-used, but barely) for $5.00 from
    >>>BarnesandNoble.com.

    >>At least its "barely" used but it was still a wasted 5 dollars.

    > There are none so blind as those who will not see. -Or cannot see. It
    > may not be the easiest book in the world, but if one is willing to do the
    > work, one can derive much that is useful from aforementioned tome.

    That is your opinion and you are welcome to it. But when the book is
    "barely used", then it makes certain implications. Whether its seldom
    used due to lack of time to use it or because of lack of *good*
    information. If its lack of time, then I fail to see how someone that
    lacks the time to read the book can say its a good book. And if its lack
    of information, well, that speaks for itself.

    Perhaps you would be interested in taking the time to read the c.l.j FAQ
    and see what it has to say about books. The FAQ is not my own opinions,
    I do not even maintain it. But it reflects the thoughts/opinions of many
    who deal with JS on a daily basis and have at least checked the books out.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Dec 18, 2004
  7. Robert

    Jim Michaels Guest

    I've had a pretty good experience with Danny Goodman's JavaScript Bible (IDG
    Books). $40.
    very useful examples, goes into detail about methods, properties.
    has a properties and methods diagram page (nice reference).

    Dreamweaver color-syntax-highlights javascript, ASP, and PHP code. just put
    it your code into the body or the head area: <script>document.write("Hello,
    world");</script>. if you are looking for a debugger, internet explorer has
    a decent visual script debugger available for it.

    Jim Michaels, Feb 3, 2006