Javascript dropdown getting cut off by selectbox

danparker276

I have this javscript menu dropdown, which drops down and looks fine
over text characters. But when I put a select dropdown box, the old
javascript menu dropdown gets cutoff (outline of the select box).
Do I need to make it another layer, or make it transparent somehow?

Dylan Parry

Spake (e-mail address removed) unto thee:
I have this javscript menu dropdown, which drops down and looks fine
over text characters. But when I put a select dropdown box, the old
javascript menu dropdown gets cutoff (outline of the select box).
Do I need to make it another layer, or make it transparent somehow?

Unfortunately you have run into a bug where form elements are actually
painted above the browser window - ie. at a higher z-index. AFAIK there is
no way to fix this, but maybe someone else can correct me?

Mark Parnell

Unfortunately you have run into a bug where form elements are actually
painted above the browser window - ie. at a higher z-index.

I don't know that I'd call it a bug, but other than that you are right.
AFAIK there is
no way to fix this, but maybe someone else can correct me?

Not that I know of. Form elements are part of the OS, and as such are
"above" the realms of the browser. Which is part of the reason browsers
are picky about what styles they will apply to form elements.