Javascript Error HTA

Colin Graham

I have created an application using both html and javascript. I have
added an HTA shortcut to the desktop to run the application. In
certain areas of the application i get javascript errors when i run
the app through the HTA but it works fine when running applications
through the browser.

Is there any way i can suppress these error messages using the hta
????

any help greatly appreciated.

HTA code below

<head>
<HTA:APPLICATION ID="HTA_WIN" CONTEXTMENU="YES" WINDOWSTATE="MAXIMIZE"
SYSMENU="Yes" BORDER="yes" SCROLL="YES"
MINIMIZEBUTTON="true" APPLICATIONNAME="Open And Direct - Client App"
Version="3.0" INNERBORDER="NO" CAPTION="NO" SINGLEINSTANCE="YES"
NAME="HTA_WIN" NAVIGABLE="YES" ICON=""/>

<TITLE>Name</TITLE>
</head>
<FRAMESET>
<FRAME name="main" SRC="[address here]" application="no"
frameborder="0" framespacing="0" border="0" bordercolor="Navy"
scrolling="YES" >
</FRAMESET>

McKirahan

Colin Graham said:
[...]

1) "i get javascript errors" -- what are they?

2) I ran it and got no errors.

3) Why use frames inside of an HTA? I don't know if it works.

4) Some of your HTA properties are invalid.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/hta/refer
ence/objects/hta.asp

kaeli

csgraham74 said:
I have created an application using both html and javascript. I have
added an HTA shortcut to the desktop to run the application. In
certain areas of the application i get javascript errors when i run
the app through the HTA but it works fine when running applications
through the browser.

Windows XP SP2?
Note that you need to set up permissions for things to run right. Stuff run
from the desktop is in a different security zone than stuff run from the
internet or localhost, IIRC.
Is there any way i can suppress these error messages using the hta
????

Yes, but it's not a very good idea. Better to see what's causing the errors
and fix it.
You can set up onerror=false, I believe, to suppress all errors.
Something like that, anyway.

When you get errors, it is helpful to post what they are. That way, we can
help you better.