javascript:getMedia -- a quick & dirty fix

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by JSCarpenter, Oct 11, 2003.

  1. JSCarpenter

    JSCarpenter Guest

    When I reinstalled Windows, this problem probably arose. Anyway, I
    see by a groups search, I'm not alone. I click an NPR link, and
    nothing happens! When I mouse-over the link, I see in the Status Bar
    that the link is not a URL, but "javascript:getMedia('TOTN',
    '10-Oct-2003', 2, 'WM,RM')".

    The solution is, it's looking for Windows Media, but I guess I haven't
    reinstalled it (? -- I thought it was auto with Windows -- anyway:).
    Specifically, I saved the page to my HD, ("NPR Talk of the Nation for
    Friday, October 10, 2003.htm"), opened this saved file in Internet
    Explorer, clicked View > Source ( which opens Notepad), searched for
    every one of these "javascript:getMedia" strings, and

    --HERE IT IS: changed each 'WM,RM' to 'RM'.

    Then I saved the notepad file, refreshed the browser, clicked the
    link, and LO! RealPlayer started right up! I suppose I should just
    install WM <heh>, but I thought someone might find this event
    interesting.

    JSC

    JSCarpenter, Oct 11, 2003