    and simple, the two drawbacks are having to click OK, and, for a text bubble
    mouseover usage, the "Ok" which appears in the pop-up box is superfluous.

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 16, 2004

  2. Tony

    Vladdy Guest

    Tony wrote:
    > The onClick mouseover alerts would do the job, the only problem is,
    > you have to click "ok" on every pop-up text box. Is there any other equally
    > simple way to accomplish this without a lot of javascript code?
    >
    > I've looked through the many javascript sites but when I encounter
    > popup mouseover text bubbles, they usually come at the expense of a
    > lot of code. The nice thing about the alerts boxes is they're quite lean
    > and simple, the two drawbacks are having to click OK, and, for a text bubble
    > mouseover usage, the "Ok" which appears in the pop-up box is superfluous.
    >
    > Tony

    How about using title attribute?
    If that is not enough, see the tooltip code on my site.

    --
    Vladdy
    http://www.klproductions.com

    Vladdy, Jan 17, 2004

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    > How about using title attribute?

    That's just the thing I was looking for.

    > If that is not enough, see the tooltip code on my site.

    Those may come in handy some time too!

    Thanks,

    Tony

    Tony, Jan 17, 2004
  4. Tony

    Richard Guest

    Tony wrote:

    > The onClick mouseover alerts would do the job, the only problem is,
    > you have to click "ok" on every pop-up text box. Is there any other
    > equally simple way to accomplish this without a lot of javascript code?

    > I've looked through the many javascript sites but when I encounter
    > popup mouseover text bubbles, they usually come at the expense of a
    > lot of code. The nice thing about the alerts boxes is they're quite lean
    > and simple, the two drawbacks are having to click OK, and, for a text
    > bubble mouseover usage, the "Ok" which appears in the pop-up box is
    > superfluous.

    > Tony

    http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/index.html
    check out the section on tooltips.

    http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/popinfo.htm
    This one is easy to customize.
    Very well documented so all you have to do is follow the examples and get
    what you want.
    each mouse over can be different.

    The others I've looked at are complicated to make changes with.

    Richard, Jan 17, 2004