javascript

rdfarmer52

I would like to know the title of a book on javascript that I can learn
about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.

Thank You
Rodger D. Farmer
(e-mail address removed)

Erwin Moller

rdfarmer52 said:
I would like to know the title of a book on javascript that I can learn
about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.

Thank You
Rodger D. Farmer
(e-mail address removed)

Hi Rodger,

Do you mean you want advise for a good studybook?
If so, I would advise Javascript the Definite Guide, published by O"Reilly
and written by David Flanagan.

Regards,
Erwin Moller

Dr John Stockton

JRS: In article <mzKcc.7823$%[email protected]>, seen in
news:comp.lang.javascript said:
I would like to know the title of a book on javascript that I can learn
about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.

Before posting to a newsgroup, one should seek and read its FAQ.

Your question is covered by Sec. 3.1. "What books cover javascript?".

Books do not cover everything, which is another reason for reading the
FAQ and its Notes.

William Morris

A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

Matt Kruse

William Morris said:
A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

And that's exactly why people as for personal recommendations! The number of
books on the topic could be overwhelming, but there are only a few gems that
are better than the rest.

Erwin Moller

Randy said:
And that is precisely why its mentioned in the c.l.j FAQ:

http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1

:)
True of course, Randy.
But newbies to a newsgroup often don't start looking for the FAQ.
Of course, they should.

I guess that if all that have a question here first studied that FAQ, 95% of
the questions would have been answered. Maybe more. :p

Regards,
Erwin Moller