    about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.

    Thank You
    Rodger D. Farmer
    rdfarmer52, Apr 7, 2004

  2. rdfarmer52

    Erwin Moller Guest

    rdfarmer52 wrote:

    > I would like to know the title of a book on javascript that I can learn
    > about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.
    >
    > Thank You
    > Rodger D. Farmer

    Hi Rodger,

    Do you mean you want advise for a good studybook?
    If so, I would advise Javascript the Definite Guide, published by O"Reilly
    and written by David Flanagan.

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Apr 7, 2004

  3. JRS: In article <mzKcc.7823$%>, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, rdfarmer52 <> posted
    at Tue, 6 Apr 2004 22:18:06 :
    >I would like to know the title of a book on javascript that I can learn
    >about, or the name of an author that writes books on javascript.

    Before posting to a newsgroup, one should seek and read its FAQ.

    Your question is covered by Sec. 3.1. "What books cover javascript?".

    Books do not cover everything, which is another reason for reading the
    FAQ and its Notes.

    Dr John Stockton, Apr 7, 2004
  4. A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

    William Morris, Apr 7, 2004
  5. rdfarmer52

    Matt Kruse Guest

    "William Morris" <> wrote:
    > A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

    And that's exactly why people as for personal recommendations! The number of
    books on the topic could be overwhelming, but there are only a few gems that
    are better than the rest.

    --
    Matt Kruse
    Javascript Toolbox: http://www.mattkruse.com/javascript/
    Matt Kruse, Apr 7, 2004
  6. rdfarmer52

    Randy Webb Guest

    Matt Kruse wrote:
    > "William Morris" <> wrote:
    >
    >>A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

    > And that's exactly why people as for personal recommendations! The number of
    > books on the topic could be overwhelming, but there are only a few gems that
    > are better than the rest.

    And that is precisely why its mentioned in the c.l.j FAQ:

    http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind
    Randy Webb, Apr 7, 2004
  7. rdfarmer52

    Erwin Moller Guest

    Randy Webb wrote:

    > Matt Kruse wrote:
    >> "William Morris" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>A search in "Books" for "javascript" on Amazon.com returns 2,212 results.

    >> And that's exactly why people as for personal recommendations! The number
    >> of books on the topic could be overwhelming, but there are only a few
    >> gems that are better than the rest.
    >>

    > And that is precisely why its mentioned in the c.l.j FAQ:
    >
    > http://www.jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ3_1

    :)
    True of course, Randy.
    But newbies to a newsgroup often don't start looking for the FAQ.
    Of course, they should.

    I guess that if all that have a question here first studied that FAQ, 95% of
    the questions would have been answered. Maybe more. :p

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller
    Erwin Moller, Apr 8, 2004