Javaws.exe

Roedy Green

I was shocked to notice that Javaws.exe has devolved. It is no longer
an end user tool to manage jawaws apps.
IIRC you used to be able to put a file on the command line. Now you
need a weird URL file://localhost/E:/mindprod/webstarts/esper.jnlp

Anyway you used to be able to launch from the GUI.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Roland

I was shocked to notice that Javaws.exe has devolved. It is no longer
an end user tool to manage jawaws apps.
IIRC you used to be able to put a file on the command line. Now you
need a weird URL file://localhost/E:/mindprod/webstarts/esper.jnlp

Anyway you used to be able to launch from the GUI.

If you are referring to the "Application Manager", yes that has been
removed in 1.5.0. Also gone is the functionality to view a web page
containing JNLP links.
See
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/javaws/enhancements-1.5.0.html>

I don't see a big difference in specifying
javaws.exe file:///E:/mindprod/webstarts/esper.jnlp
versus
javaws.exe file:///E:/mindprod/webstarts/pageContainingWSLinks.html
--
Regards,

Roland de Ruiter
` ___ ___

Alexey Osyatnikov

Hi,
You may try the following command
javaws -view
And see what applications are installed to your local cache.
You may also launch them.