    happy surfing
    Saurabh Chakote

    , Aug 23, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Message

    You did not install the package correctly, or the manifest file of your
    application's jar file is wrong. Read and follow the installation
    instruction for JavaMail and also read the following from the JDK
    documentation:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/extensions/index.html
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/extensions/spec.html
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/windows/classpath.html
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/jar/index.html

    You might also consider asking beginner's questions in comp.lang.java.help

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Aug 23, 2005

  3. On 23 Aug 2005 05:04:22 -0700, wrote:
    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Message

    You need to include the Java mail jar on the
    classpath when running you application.

    > Can anybody resolve this problem or
    > suggest me basic precaution to avoid the such error.

    Please consider directing beginner questions to c.l.j.help.

    Andrew Thompson
    "Where I'm going next, I'm goin' alone.."
    Paul Kelly 'Deeper Water'

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 23, 2005
  4. Roedy Green Guest

    On 23 Aug 2005 05:04:22 -0700, wrote or
    quoted :

    > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/mail/Message

    Make sure jaf-1.0.2\activation.jar and javamail-1.3.2\mail.jar are
    explicitly mentioned in your classpath, (not just in a classpath
    directory!). Alternatively, add the jars to the ext directory.

    You need two downloads. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javamail.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    http://mindprod.com

    Roedy Green, Aug 23, 2005
  5. Roedy Green Guest

    On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 14:15:41 +0200, Thomas Weidenfeller
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >You might also consider asking beginner's questions in comp.lang.java.help

    You have a pretty wide definition of beginner. Next you will be
    directing EJB question to comp.lang.java.help.

    Roedy Green, Aug 23, 2005
  6. nickzaven

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Newby.

    Sorry, but all of you are putting about basics errors.
    I am having same issue, all solutions tells me to make sure that mail.jar is in classpath, but it is, I also tried to put the file in classpath and nothing.
    It is beyond basic concepts.

    nickzaven, Apr 11, 2007
  7. Nithya04

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    We have the same issue

    Hi,

    We are facing the same issue. Can you please tell me how you resolved this one?

    Nithya04, Jan 3, 2008