jboss ide using hibernate tools getting JDBCBinderException

Discussion in 'Java' started by kjwilde, Jun 8, 2006.

  1. kjwilde

    kjwilde Guest

    System specs:

    Windows XP Professional
    Eclipse 3.1.2
    JBoss IDE 1.6.0.GA
    Hibernate Tools 3.1.0.beta5
    Oracle 9i

    I'm testing out the Hibernate tools portion of the JBoss IDE. I've got
    one table in my oracle database. I use the provided wizard to generate
    my hibernate configuration file. Then I use the wizard to create a
    hibernate console configuration. I believe after finishing this step I
    should see the table that is in my database represented in the
    Hibernate Configurations view. I do not. This could be part of my
    problem however I don't know if there is a log file to look at to find
    out. I don't get an error message. I then attempt to generate my xml
    files by running the Hibernate Reverse Engineering wizard. I have
    followed all of the directions for doing this. When I run the wizard I
    get the following error:

    Exception while generating code

    Reason:
    org.hibernate.cfg.JDBCBinderException: Duplicate class name
    'mypackagename'.AllRepcolumn' generated for
    'org.hibernate.mapping.Table(SYS._ALL_RECPCOLUMN)'. Same name where
    generated for 'org.hibernate.mapping.Table(SYS._ALL_REPCOLUMN)'

    _ALL_RECPCOLUMN is a view in Oracle under SYS. I don't really
    understand why hibernate is looking at this view. Is it trying to
    generate an xml file for it? If so how do I make it stop?

    Any insight to this problem would be greatly appreciated.

    TIA
    Kevin Wilde

    kjwilde, Jun 8, 2006

  2. kjwilde