    bug, I just don't understand how Sun can release any new version of
    Java with this kind of serious bug?

    I'm using Ubuntu 8.04. Anyone else seeing the same kind of problems?
    timinganalyzer, Oct 19, 2008

  2. On Oct 19, 1:06 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > The arrow is not painted correctly on all the JComboBox's and it looks
    > like there might be a problem with the JScrollPane since the scroll
    > bar is sized correctly.

    (looks around)

    ...and the code you are using to see this problem,
    is ..where? (Before you go dumping hundreds of lines
    of 'your code' - check out the SSCCE - that would
    get more help/attention.)

    Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
    but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
    and fragile.

    My money is on the last one.

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 23, 2008

  3. On Oct 22, 10:38 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On Oct 19, 1:06 pm, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All,

    > > The arrow is not painted correctly on all the JComboBox's and it looks
    > > like there might be a problem with the JScrollPane since the scroll
    > > bar is sized correctly.

    > (looks around)
    >
    > ..and the code you are using to see this problem,
    > is ..where? (Before you go dumping hundreds of lines
    > of 'your code' - check out the SSCCE - that would
    > get more help/attention.)
    >
    > Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
    > but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
    > and fragile.
    >
    > My money is on the last one.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew T.
    > pscode.org

    The JComboBox bug has been reported. See the link below.
    http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6624717

    Sun claims its fixed in 7(b27) which means Java 7 beta version 27,
    but doesn't mention anything about java 6.

    Also, in my original post, I mean to say the scroll bar is not sized
    correctly.
    This program works well on Windows XP and MAC OS X.

    Thanks in advance for any help,
    timinganalyzer, Oct 23, 2008
  4. On Oct 24, 1:27 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    > On Oct 22, 10:38 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:

    > > Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
    > > but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
    > > and fragile.

    > > My money is on the last one.

    > The JComboBox bug has been reported. See the link below.http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6624717

    Aha. (I was) Wrong again.

    > Sun claims its fixed in 7(b27) which means Java 7 beta version 27,
    > but doesn't mention anything about java 6.

    Sounds like you are best off adding your results to
    that report, though it does seem like Sun has no
    intention of fixing it for 1.6. That is a complete
    PITA for us developers, when such simple things as
    combo's do not render reliably. :-(

    --
    Andrew T.
    pscode.org
    Andrew Thompson, Oct 24, 2008
  5. On Oct 23, 11:42 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:
    > On Oct 24, 1:27 am, timinganalyzer <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 22, 10:38 pm, Andrew Thompson <> wrote:

    > > > Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
    > > > but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
    > > > and fragile.

    > > > My money is on the last one.

    > > The JComboBox bug has been reported. See the link below.http://bugs.sun..com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6624717

    > Aha.  (I was) Wrong again.
    >
    > > Sun claims its fixed in 7(b27) which means Java 7 beta version 27,
    > > but doesn't mention anything about java 6.

    > Sounds like you are best off adding your results to
    > that report, though it does seem like Sun has no
    > intention of fixing it for 1.6.  That is a complete
    > PITA for us developers, when such simple things as
    > combo's do not render reliably.   :-(
    >
    > --
    > Andrew T.
    > pscode.org

    If this is really the case, which Linux distributions should I look to
    use with java 6?
    timinganalyzer, Oct 27, 2008