JComboBox problem with new java 6u10 on ubuntu

timinganalyzer

Hi All,

The arrow is not painted correctly on all the JComboBox's and it looks
like there might be a problem with the JScrollPane since the scroll
bar is sized correctly. I know JComboBox issue this was on the
bug, I just don't understand how Sun can release any new version of
Java with this kind of serious bug?

I'm using Ubuntu 8.04. Anyone else seeing the same kind of problems?

Andrew Thompson

Hi All,

The arrow is not painted correctly on all the JComboBox's and it looks
like there might be a problem with the JScrollPane since the scroll
bar is sized correctly.

(looks around)

...and the code you are using to see this problem,
is ..where? (Before you go dumping hundreds of lines
of 'your code' - check out the SSCCE - that would
get more help/attention.)

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
and fragile.

My money is on the last one.

timinganalyzer

(looks around)

..and the code you are using to see this problem,
is ..where? (Before you go dumping hundreds of lines
of 'your code' - check out the SSCCE - that would
get more help/attention.)

Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's an Ubuntu problem,
but maybe the code used is simply all messed up
and fragile.

My money is on the last one.

The JComboBox bug has been reported. See the link below.
http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6624717

Sun claims its fixed in 7(b27) which means Java 7 beta version 27,
but doesn't mention anything about java 6.

Also, in my original post, I mean to say the scroll bar is not sized
correctly.
This program works well on Windows XP and MAC OS X.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Andrew Thompson

The JComboBox bug has been reported. See the link below.http://bugs.sun.com/view_bug.do?bug_id=6624717

Aha. (I was) Wrong again.
Sun claims its fixed in 7(b27) which means Java 7 beta version 27,
but doesn't mention anything about java 6.

Sounds like you are best off adding your results to
that report, though it does seem like Sun has no
intention of fixing it for 1.6. That is a complete
PITA for us developers, when such simple things as
combo's do not render reliably. :-(

timinganalyzer

Aha.  (I was) Wrong again.

Sounds like you are best off adding your results to
that report, though it does seem like Sun has no
intention of fixing it for 1.6.  That is a complete
PITA for us developers, when such simple things as
combo's do not render reliably.   :-(

If this is really the case, which Linux distributions should I look to
use with java 6?