    Regards
    Pieter Rautenbach

    , Jul 6, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > Hallo NG,
    >
    > Pardon me if this problem has already been addressed on this NG, but I
    > couldn't find anything of any help, since I'm not certain what to
    > search for.
    >
    > I'm making changes to a multi-threaded server daemon not written by
    > myself. This server interfaces with another server through WSDL-created
    > stubs. When I run the daemon it throws a number of exceptions, but not
    > when I run it through the jdb debugger. I use the exact call, just with
    > java replaced by jdb. All source code is compiled with the debug flag
    > on for both cases. This makes it really hard for me to debug. I suspect
    > that it might be a thread problem, although I have no definite grounds
    > for my suspicion. Has anyone ever come across something of this kind?
    > Can someone tell me the the fundamental differences between java and
    > jdb?

    This is likely not a "difference" between jdb and java, but some kind of
    timing issue in your program. Since the debugger slows things down, the
    timing can be different. One possible cause is threading.

    To debug, you'll have to resort to using log statements.

    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.

    Raymond DeCampo, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Thanks Ray, I'll look into it that way.

    Regards
    Pieter

    Pieter Rautenbach, Jul 6, 2005