JDBC Driver

Marmagya

Hello,
How can I find out which JDBC driver is available on my system? I
am working on a linux server. I am trying to learn JDBC programming and
am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

Regards
Marmagya

Wendy S

Marmagya said:
How can I find out which JDBC driver is available on my system? I
am working on a linux server. I am trying to learn JDBC programming and
am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

What database are you using? Examples might be Oracle, Sybase, UniData,
Cloudscape...

With that information, someone can suggest what to look for on your system.

Markku Salminen

Hello,
How can I find out which JDBC driver is available on my system? I
am working on a linux server. I am trying to learn JDBC programming and
am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

It depends on the database you have. Driver are usually
in some JAR-file. I use PostgreSQL in my home computer and
driver is in file /usr/share/pgsql/pg73g1jdbc2.jar
This jar-package location must be found in CLASSPATH.

First thing to do is look for your database documentation
what is the name of the driver file. In same document there
is also told how to use the driver.

- Markku -

Marmagya

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for your responses, though I missed out on
specifying the database. I use Oracle. As you suggested, I will look
into the documentation of this database and will find out the driver.
Then I will ensure that I have the corresponding jar files available in
my classpath.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards
Marmagya

kaeli

Hi all,
Thanks a lot for your responses, though I missed out on
specifying the database. I use Oracle. As you suggested, I will look
into the documentation of this database and will find out the driver.
Then I will ensure that I have the corresponding jar files available in
my classpath.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Looks for classesxxx.zip and nls_charsetxx.zip.

For 8i, I use classes111.zip and nls_charset11.zip.
I got them from the Oracle site.

Note: they're zips, not jars, for Oracle.