    am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

    Regards
    Marmagya

    Marmagya, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Marmagya

    Wendy S Guest

    "Marmagya" <marmagya@eNOpatra_SPAM.com> wrote
    > How can I find out which JDBC driver is available on my system? I
    > am working on a linux server. I am trying to learn JDBC programming and
    > am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

    What database are you using? Examples might be Oracle, Sybase, UniData,
    Cloudscape...

    With that information, someone can suggest what to look for on your system.

    --
    Wendy in Chandler, AZ

    Wendy S, Jan 13, 2004

  3. > Hello,
    > How can I find out which JDBC driver is available on my system? I
    > am working on a linux server. I am trying to learn JDBC programming and
    > am having problems about which JDBC driver to use.

    It depends on the database you have. Driver are usually
    in some JAR-file. I use PostgreSQL in my home computer and
    driver is in file /usr/share/pgsql/pg73g1jdbc2.jar
    This jar-package location must be found in CLASSPATH.

    First thing to do is look for your database documentation
    what is the name of the driver file. In same document there
    is also told how to use the driver.

    - Markku -

    Markku Salminen, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Marmagya

    Joe Kulig Guest

    You have to goto the database manufacturer and get their JDBC driver.

    Joe Kulig, Jan 14, 2004
  5. Marmagya

    Marmagya Guest

    Hi all,
    Thanks a lot for your responses, though I missed out on
    specifying the database. I use Oracle. As you suggested, I will look
    into the documentation of this database and will find out the driver.
    Then I will ensure that I have the corresponding jar files available in
    my classpath.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

    Regards
    Marmagya

    Marmagya, Jan 14, 2004
  6. Marmagya

    kaeli Guest

    In article <075Nb.20$>, marmagya@eNOpatra_SPAM.com
    enlightened us with...
    > Hi all,
    > Thanks a lot for your responses, though I missed out on
    > specifying the database. I use Oracle. As you suggested, I will look
    > into the documentation of this database and will find out the driver.
    > Then I will ensure that I have the corresponding jar files available in
    > my classpath.
    > Thanks a lot for your help.

    Looks for classesxxx.zip and nls_charsetxx.zip.

    For 8i, I use classes111.zip and nls_charset11.zip.
    I got them from the Oracle site.

    Note: they're zips, not jars, for Oracle.

    ~kaeli~
    Local Area Network in Australia:... the LAN down under.
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
    http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

    kaeli, Jan 14, 2004