[BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

Discussion in 'Java' started by mineshdesai@gmail.com, Mar 13, 2008.

    I am working on - BEA Weblogic version 9.22 & Oracle 10g. I have
    created a data source(Connection Pool) with below configuration:
    Initial Capacity: 1
    Maximum Capacity: 15
    Test Connections on Reserve: Selected
    Test Frequency: 1
    Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Version 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10

    When I am trying to invoke any of the store procedure using JDBC's
    callabale statement, I get an exception:

    [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

    I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
    code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.
    It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.

    Thanks.
    , Mar 13, 2008

  2. Markus Tazl Guest

    Re: [Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

    On 13 Mrz., 06:10, "" <>
    wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am working on - BEA Weblogic version 9.22 & Oracle 10g. I have
    > created a data source(Connection Pool) with below configuration:
    > Initial Capacity: 1
    > Maximum Capacity: 15
    > Test Connections on Reserve: Selected
    > Test Frequency: 1
    > Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Version 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10
    >
    > When I am trying to invoke any of the store procedure using JDBC's
    > callabale statement, I get an exception:
    >
    > [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.
    >
    > I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
    > code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.
    > It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.
    >
    > Thanks.

    It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
    This may happen because of a closed connection,
    a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
    I had this problem some time ago after an admin
    changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
    is available from your webserver ?

    best regards
    Markus Tazl
    Markus Tazl, Mar 13, 2008

    Re: No more data available to read.

    On Mar 13, 11:42 am, Markus Tazl <> wrote:
    > On 13 Mrz., 06:10, "" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,
    > > I am working on - BEA Weblogic version 9.22 & Oracle 10g. I have
    > > created a data source(Connection Pool) with below configuration:
    > > Initial Capacity: 1
    > > Maximum Capacity: 15
    > > Test Connections on Reserve: Selected
    > > Test Frequency: 1
    > > Database Driver: Oracle's Driver (Thin) Version 9.0.1, 9.2.0, 10

    > > When I am trying to invoke any of the store procedure using JDBC's
    > > callabale statement, I get an exception:

    > > [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

    > > I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
    > > code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.
    > > It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.

    > > Thanks.

    > It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
    > This may happen because of a closed connection,
    > a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
    > I had this problem some time ago after an admin
    > changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
    > is available from your webserver ?
    >
    > best regards
    > Markus Tazl

    Hi
    Yes DB server is available from my webserver. What did you do to
    resolve the problem?
    , Mar 13, 2008
  4. Nic Guest

    Re: No more data available to read.

    Just use the JDBC test your code and procedure.
    If there is no problem, perhaps you had better check you weblogic
    setting.
    Removing the possible causes one by one.
    Nic, Mar 13, 2008

    On Mar 13, 1:27 pm, Nic <> wrote:
    > Just use the JDBC test your code and procedure.
    > If there is no problem, perhaps you had better check you weblogic
    > setting.
    > Removing the possible causes one by one.

    Procedure is fine.... I have double checked it using JDBC.
    , Mar 13, 2008
  6. Lew Guest

    "" wrote:
    >> [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.
    >>
    >> I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
    >> code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.

    "Seems OK" is so non-specific. I trust you know specifically what things you
    checked, and specifically how your code didn't violate the items you knew to
    put on your specific checklist. Of course the code isn't OK, or you wouldn't
    have the bug. Therefore "seems" is an illusion.

    Markus Tazl wrote:
    > It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
    > This may happen because of a closed connection,
    > a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
    > I had this problem some time ago after an admin
    > changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
    > is available from your webserver ?

    From
    <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSet.html>
    > A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the Statement object
    > that generated it is closed, re-executed, or used to retrieve the next
    > result from a sequence of multiple results.

    Could this apply in your case? Are you doing something else with the
    Statement object while the ResultSet is still using it?

    (Detachable RowSets are an apparent exception to this.)

    > best regards
    > Markus Tazl

    The RFCs for Usenet specify "-- " (dash dash blank) on its own line as the
    separator for the sig line(s). Many newsreaders will omit the sig from quoted
    material in a reply.

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Mar 13, 2008

    On Mar 13, 6:44 pm, Lew <> wrote:
    > "" wrote:
    > >> [BEA][Oracle JDBC Driver]No more data available to read.

    > >> I am not able to figure out what is the root cause. When i see my
    > >> code, everything seems to be fine. Also the procedures seems to be OK.

    > "Seems OK" is so non-specific. I trust you know specifically what things you
    > checked, and specifically how your code didn't violate the items you knew to
    > put on your specific checklist. Of course the code isn't OK, or you wouldn't
    > have the bug. Therefore "seems" is an illusion.
    >
    > >> It will be great if any one can let me know the solution.

    > Markus Tazl wrote:
    > > It just looks as if your ResultSet was closed.
    > > This may happen because of a closed connection,
    > > a timed out connection, (it might be even a multithreading issue).
    > > I had this problem some time ago after an admin
    > > changed firewalls settings. Just to be sure, the DB-server
    > > is available from your webserver ?

    > From
    > <http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/sql/ResultSet.html>
    >
    > > A ResultSet object is automatically closed when the Statement object
    > > that generated it is closed, re-executed, or used to retrieve the next
    > > result from a sequence of multiple results.

    > Could this apply in your case? Are you doing something else with the
    > Statement object while the ResultSet is still using it?
    >
    > (Detachable RowSets are an apparent exception to this.)
    >
    > > best regards
    > > Markus Tazl

    > The RFCs for Usenet specify "-- " (dash dash blank) on its own line as the
    > separator for the sig line(s). Many newsreaders will omit the sig from quoted
    > material in a reply.
    >
    > --
    > Lew

    Lew thanks for the reply,

    I modified a configuration setting of Weblogic Server. I have reduced
    the Test Frequency Time to 1 . And as of now i am not getting the
    error. The application is under observation. If this is successful i
    will surely let everyone know.

    Secondly, I know seems is not the proper word i have used above.

    Anyways Thanks for the help
    , Mar 14, 2008