JDK 1.6.0_03 is out

Discussion in 'Java' started by Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2007.

  1. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2007

  2. Roedy Green wrote:
    >JDK 1.6.0_03 is out.

    Do you know when it becomes available for auto-dl?

    I have a little example of the JNLP ExtensionInstallerService*
    that showed a known bug in 1.6.0_02, so it specifies _03+ **
    with a download URL for the JRE***. But it is still failing,
    unable to locate the _03 version.

    * <http://www.physci.org/jws/#eis>

    ** <http://www.physci.org/jws/application-un.jnlp>

    ***
    <j2se
    version='1.6.0_03+'
    href="http://java.sun.com/products/autodl/j2se" />

    >See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jdk.html
    >http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jre.html

    Small aside - these pages at time of viewing, both
    still refer to _02 as being the latest and greatest Java.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 3, 2007

  3. Roedy Green

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 10:07:43 GMT, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe>

    >Do you know when it becomes available for auto-dl?

    sorry no. I have yet to see auto-dl ever work, either via JNLP or the
    Java control panel.

    Also JDK/JREs are out for 1.4.2_16 and 1.5.0_13

    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary

    Roedy Green, Oct 3, 2007
  4. Roedy Green wrote:
    >>Do you know when it becomes available for auto-dl?

    >sorry no. I have yet to see auto-dl ever work, either via JNLP or the
    >Java control panel.

    Never tried via. the JCP or JNLP* myself. Though I
    have seen it work successfully for 'auto update' via
    the 'Check for Updates' mechanism.

    * I am waiting to hopefully see it work for JNLP -
    getting 1.6.0_03 via that JNLP mentioned up-thread.

    >Also JDK/JREs are out for 1.4.2_16 and 1.5.0_13

    Cool. Thanks for the update.

    Andrew Thompson, Oct 3, 2007