    Do you have alternative solution to select a file?

    Thx,

    Bokc
    Bokc, Sep 29, 2004

  2. Bokc

    John Davison Guest

    Bokc wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need to use a JFileChoose in a JApplet, but it not works.
    > Do you know why?
    > Do you have alternative solution to select a file?
    >
    > Thx,
    >
    > Bokc

    You cannot access the filesystem from an applet unless you sign your
    applet (jar) with jarsigner.

    Java run from an Applet runs in a "sandbox", and accessing the
    filesystem is one of the many things you cannot do from inside this
    "sandbox" unless you sign your code.

    - john
    John Davison, Sep 29, 2004

  3. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 18:37:44 +0200, Bokc wrote:

    > I need to use a JFileChoose in a JApplet, but it not works.

    Please be as precise as you can
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#exact>

    If writing applets, you need to find the 'Java
    console' as well. It gives lots more information.

    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#security>

    > Do you have alternative solution to select a file?

    Jar <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#jar>
    and sign the applet, or reduce the security settings
    of the browser for testing.

    HTH

    --
    Andrew Thompson