jikes dependencies

Eric D.

Hi,
I try to find all the dependencies of a class file (which are the
class to recompile when I modify just one java file).
According to Jikes website, "C depends on D if and only if the
constant pool for C contains a reference to D".
So, for a particular class, E, I found with Jikes the following
dependencies :
A, B, C, D.
At the same time, I used the BCEL library from apache to have a look
at the constant pool and I just find references to the class A, B and
C.
The class C is a parameter of one method of my class E and the class C
implements the interface D.
I understand why the class E depends on the class D.
Is the Jikes assertion incomplete or should I understand "C depends on
D (and all its ancestor/interfaces) if and only if the constant pool
for C contains a reference to D" or maybe even "C depends on D (and
all its dependencies) if and only if the constant pool for C contains
a reference to D"??
Thanks for your help.
Eric Deshayes