jikes dependencies

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eric D., Apr 27, 2005.

  1. Eric D.

    Eric D. Guest

    Hi,
    I try to find all the dependencies of a class file (which are the
    class to recompile when I modify just one java file).
    According to Jikes website, "C depends on D if and only if the
    constant pool for C contains a reference to D".
    So, for a particular class, E, I found with Jikes the following
    dependencies :
    A, B, C, D.
    At the same time, I used the BCEL library from apache to have a look
    at the constant pool and I just find references to the class A, B and
    C.
    The class C is a parameter of one method of my class E and the class C
    implements the interface D.
    I understand why the class E depends on the class D.
    Is the Jikes assertion incomplete or should I understand "C depends on
    D (and all its ancestor/interfaces) if and only if the constant pool
    for C contains a reference to D" or maybe even "C depends on D (and
    all its dependencies) if and only if the constant pool for C contains
    a reference to D"??
    Thanks for your help.
    Eric Deshayes
    Eric D., Apr 27, 2005