Jintegra/Excel Problem

Heba

Dear All,
Currently I'm responsible for a web application that I didn't
actully share in its development. This application uses Jintegra to
generat Excel files. the excel files generated within this application
uses an Excel template, also there are charts drawn in this tamplate
based on spacific cells' values, after the generation of such file, we
splic each graph and save it as an image file for later reference.
every thing works fine, but it was requested from me to modify this
template to apply a certain change. I did so, and it the generated
firle was successfully generated with then new template, but this
causes problems when trying to extract the graphs from the generated
report. it throws an exception: "AutomationException: the server throw
an exception in invoke".

The problem is not in the nature of the change, as I relocated the old
template in place and then opened it and only added or removed a space
character. then after I try to extract the charts it doesn't work. it
only works if I replaced the file with the original one.

I'm new with Jintegra and Java bridges as a whole

can any one help me, as it is urgent to solve the problem. Out
application is up and running application

Regards
Heba

Oscar kind

In comp.lang.java.security Heba said:
The problem is not in the nature of the change, as I relocated the old
[Excel] template in place and then opened it and only added or removed
a space character. then after I try to extract the charts it doesn't
work. it only works if I replaced the file with the original one.

What is the difference in file formats of the original and the new file?
Both (for example) The Excel'97 format? Of are they different?

Which Excel versions does JIntegra support?

Admittedly, I don't know about JIntegra (never worked with it). But these
are the questions that popped up in my head.

[...] it is urgent to solve the problem. [...]

Honestly, I couldn't care less. After all, answering questions on usenet
is voluntary. But this is just a side note. No offense intended.

Stian Bakken

AutomationExceptions typically occur when there is some form of MS COM
error, and a COM object can not be created. I cannot tell from you post
exactly what causes this for you, but suggest you mail support at JIntegra,
they used to give good and quick responses back in 2001 when I used their
bridge :)

Best of luck,
Stian