JLabel.setText

Roedy Green

Really? I've seen that use before, at least at some forums in Chinese.

Do they simply not talk about it, or do they give it some other name?

Sometimes people call the EDT "the Swing Thread"

I did a search google groups search:

group:comp.lang.java.programmer EDT

I got 2000 hits, so it has been mentioned.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

Responsible Development is the style of development I aspire to now. It can be summarized by answering the question, “How would I develop if it were my money?” I’m amazed how many theoretical arguments evaporate when faced with this question.
~ Kent Beck (born: 1961 age: 49) , evangelist for extreme programming.