JMS Benchmark - OpenJMS VS JBossMQ?

Jean-Francois Theoret

Anybody knows the performance difference between OpenJMS & JBossMQ? I
currently have an application running OpenJMS, and I find that it is
not as performant as I would have liked. Tried the RMI and TCP
connectors, but seems to be the same.

Messages typically range from 0.5K to 1K in my app. There are not many
subscribers (2 or 3) on the queues in which I publish right now.

I ran a profiler, and the publish operations take about 1.5 seconds
(I've got the JMS server runnning on my machine - a 2.4 Xeon w/ 1GB
RAM & SCSI HD)

I was wondering if I should try JBossMQ to get a performance boost...
Any ideas?