JNI window question

hilz

Hi.
I have an Java Swing application that has a JFrame. I also call into a
native dll using JNI to launch a native dialog from this dll.
This native dialog appears below the JFrame and is not visible unless
the user looks in the task bar and clicks on it.
Is there a way to make this dialog appear on top of my JFrame?
Help is appreciated.
thanks.

Jean-Francois Briere

In your native code just before launching the native dialog do:
HWND handle = FindWindow(NULL, yourmainFrameTitle);
Then use this handle as parent window handle on your native dialog.

Regards

hilz

Jean-Francois Briere said:
In your native code just before launching the native dialog do:
HWND handle = FindWindow(NULL, yourmainFrameTitle);
Then use this handle as parent window handle on your native dialog.

Regards
Thanks Jean.
My main frame has a variable name, but it always starts with a word that
i know.
is there another function that matches a regex expression for example? I
tried to find one, but can't find any.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

hilz

hilz said:
Thanks Jean.
My main frame has a variable name, but it always starts with a word that
i know.
is there another function that matches a regex expression for example? I
tried to find one, but can't find any.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Ok, never mind... i found it.
I can use the EnumWindows to get the windows and test them one by one.

Sorry for the OT. this has nothing to do with Java!
Thanks