jnlp not downloading in IE due to security settings

Joined
Nov 16, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am developing a JWS app that I would like to be able to be launched from IE. The problem is that if the clients IE security configuration does not allow the downloading of files, then when the user clicks on a jnlp link, the browser does nothing. As far as usability goes this is shocking as the user sits there waiting for something to happen. IS there no way to ask the user for permission, or at least letting the user know that the file will not download due to IE's security settings. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
greg