JPEG 2000 Image Reading and Writing in Java

markov1987

Is there a way to read a JPEG 2000 image into an array or set of
arrays with java? I have looked at the JJ2000 library, but this only
allows to read and save PGX and alike files. But not JP2 files?

Knute Johnson

Is there a way to read a JPEG 2000 image into an array or set of
arrays with java? I have looked at the JJ2000 library, but this only
allows to read and save PGX and alike files. But not JP2 files?

I believe that JAI will read JPEG 2000 files.

Thomas Richter

Is there a way to read a JPEG 2000 image into an array or set of
arrays with java? I have looked at the JJ2000 library, but this only
allows to read and save PGX and alike files. But not JP2 files?

The JJ allows you to read and write JPEG 2000 files. It also means that
it will keep the decoded images in an array, you need to look into the
code how that's done. You don't need to use the PGX file loader and
saver for that.

So long,
Thomas