JPG's were nor recognised as JPG's

Matthias

Hallo,

I have a little problem with JPG-pictures on my website.
In the past, after using the "Save as..."-function of the
Internet-Explorer, they were recognised as JPG's. But now the Browser
wants to save them as BMP's.

How can I change this?

Thanks,

Matthias

Matthias Gutfeldt

Matthias said:
Hallo,

I have a little problem with JPG-pictures on my website.
In the past, after using the "Save as..."-function of the
Internet-Explorer, they were recognised as JPG's. But now the Browser
wants to save them as BMP's.

How can I change this?

Does this happen on all sites, or just yours? In the first case change
your browser settings.

Matthias

Blinky the Shark

Matthias said:
I have a little problem with JPG-pictures on my website.
In the past, after using the "Save as..."-function of the
Internet-Explorer, they were recognised as JPG's. But now the Browser
wants to save them as BMP's.

Try cleaning out your "temporary internet files" directory, however one
does that with OE/NT (assuming NT has one like the Win3/9x/ME branch
does).

SpaceGirl

Matthias said:
Hallo,

I have a little problem with JPG-pictures on my website.
In the past, after using the "Save as..."-function of the
Internet-Explorer, they were recognised as JPG's. But now the Browser
wants to save them as BMP's.

How can I change this?

Thanks,

Matthias

It's an IE bug - empty your cache (Internet Temp Files) from Internet
Options and it'll work again. Caused by a bad object or trashed image
getting trapped in the cache.