JS quickie...

Mel

i have a pulldown with some items on it and a text field. user can either
select from the pulldown, in which case i would like to clear and disabeld
the text field, or enters text into the text field, in which case i like the
pulldown to be re-set to "<Select One Please>" the first item in the
pulldown list.

can someone please help ? I am a neeeeeeeewwwwwbeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks in advance

Michael Winter

i have a pulldown with some items on it and a text field. user can
either select from the pulldown, in which case i would like to clear and
disabeld the text field, or enters text into the text field, in which
case i like the pulldown to be re-set to "<Select One Please>" the first
item in the pulldown list.

I wrote this a while ago in response to a question on this group. You
should supplement this with server-side checks as a user with JavaScript
disabled will end up submitting both controls.

<URL:http://www.mlwinter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/clj/combo.html>

Mike