JSF page with DataTable not refreshing

jsguru72

I have a JSF page with a DataTable. It is bound to a backing bean and
provides a report from a MySQL table.

Everything works great. I get the output. I can click on a row to
edit it. I save the changes. but when I go back to, or reload, the
page with the DataTable output, I get the same values that were there
originally regardless of what edits I made. The only way for the page
to re-read the database is to restart the web server.

The data is being cached somewhere, but I cannot figure out where. My
gut tells me that the browser is caching it. I had a similar problem
with some servlets and I had to add a timestamp parameter to force the
servlet to run anew each time. I have not figured out how to do this
in JSF and before I do I want to make sure there is not some flag
built in JSF that I can set to accomplish the same thing.

When I load the JSF page with the DataTable, I want it to go and get
the latest data from the database every time. I do not want the data
to ever come from a cache. Likewise, I need to make sure that
browsers do not cache the data and always get the latest.

Any thoughts on how to force this?

Thanks,
John S.