JSON libraries (stringifier/parser) ?

Weston

I'm interested in finding some JSON libraries for javascript that
contain a stringifier and/or parser. I've been using what appears to
be the reference implementation from json.org (written by Douglas
Crockford?), but I'm running into two problems:

(1) The lack of support for the hasOwnProperty method in Safari

(2) Odd, intermittent errors in Gecko browsers, something to the
effect of "llegal operation on WrappedNative prototype object."

If anyone's familiar with other libraries, or with ideas for working
with these issues in using the json.org library, I'd love to hear
about them. Thanks!

Weston

I'm interested in finding some JSON libraries...

Well, to answer my own question, I was able to find at least one
standalone JSON library from Thomas Frank that doesn't seem to depend
on the hasOwnProperty method and therefore works with Safari:

http://www.thomasfrank.se/json_stringify_revisited.html

It also appears to skirt whatever was triggering the "Illegal
operation on WrappedNative prototype object" error in the Moz/Gecko
browsers.