JSP export RTF/MS Word

Dev880

It's been awhile,

I am looking for information on how to export html data or simple webpage to MS word or RTF. A way that will allow me to learn the code and do what I want. Currently I just Cut and paste. I want to knock out that process. The data is nothing fancy just bulleted lists inside a table with tabs.

Andrew Thompson

I am looking for information on how to export html
data or simple webpage to MS word or RTF.

Given word can read HTML (though write it
rather poorly) I am wonderring why you do
not just open the HTML in Word, then 'Save As'
either RTF or DOC?

Andrew Thompson

Somehow the tables won't align correctly.

tableS- ALIGN? This sounds like more than
simple HTML documents, and I doubt they
will ever transfer in the way you expect.

OTOH, there was some mention of a set of
code to write word format.. (wracks brain
for memory of something tried to forget..
no - my forgetting is pretty good)

Even with that though, I doubt you will
get the flawless 'everything correctly
aligned' effect you are after.

(A quick Google later) Oh yeah, there it is..
<http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/>

Dev880

thanks

--