JSP on ServletExec Error getting compiled page

chadn

Hello,
I am trying to set up JSP using ServletExec 4.1 on Win2k. ServletExec
seems to be working fine. The test pages display fine. But when I open
a JSP page I get an error that looks like this:

Error getting compiled pageCan't find bundle for base name
com.sun.tools.javac.v8.resources.javac, locale en_US
com.sun.tools.javac.v8.resources.javac_en_US
ServletExec: caught exception -

....and it goes on like this.

including one of these:

Caused by: com.sun.tools.javac.v8.util.FatalError: Fatal Error:
Resource for javac is missing

The ServletExec is creating the java pages from jsp but the problem
seems to be when it tries to compile.

I personally didn't install ServletExec or the SDK (1.4.0). It was
installed as part of an ArcIMS installation some time back and getting
JSP to work doesn't seem to have been a requirement. The ServletExec
documentation makes it seem that there shouldn't be much to do to get
JSP to work with a normal installation. So, it seems strange that is
turning out to be so difficult. I've fiddled with the classpaths a bit
but nothing seems to make a difference. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Chad