jsse

foaud167

hi
i am trying to compile the rssowl project but keep getting
"the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
i though jsse is included by default in tiger

Roedy Green

"the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
i though jsse is included by default in tiger

Please quote the line in question and the exact text of the error
message. If I take you literally, you have a malformed import
statement.

foaud167

Hi
the thing is the javax.net package is not included in my jdk, i even
checked the src.zip that comes with it, and there is not net under
javax
Thanks

Roedy Green

Hi
the thing is the javax.net package is not included in my jdk, i even
checked the src.zip that comes with it, and there is not net under
javax
Thanks
in particular you are looking for javax.net.SocketFactory
or javax.net.ServerSocketFactory

you should have imports like this:

import javax.net.SocketFactory;
import javax.net.ServerSocketFactory;

copy paste those into your prgoram.

These came in with JDK 1.4+

IchBin

foaud167 said:
hi
i am trying to compile the rssowl project but keep getting
"the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
i though jsse is included by default in tiger
I just downloaded rssowl_1_0_src and loaded it into a Java project under
Eclipse. I added all of the \lib\ jar files to Java build path and built
th project. I am not having any problems with 'javax.net cannot be
resolved'. In fact I did a search for 'javax.net' , using a search tool
called Agent Ransack v1.7.3, and I see no reference to 'javax.net'. You
could ask at their Help feed at

BTW - Agent Ransack v1.7.3 is a Fantastic search tool. They have a free
and commercial version. I a using the free version.

http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx

--

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

foaud167

i am using rssowl 1.2 and the reference is in package rss.dao.ssl
i am starting to think this might be some crypto thing and that is not
available for download outside the US

IchBin

foaud167 said:
i am using rssowl 1.2 and the reference is in package rss.dao.ssl
i am starting to think this might be some crypto thing and that is not
available for download outside the US
Sorry, I was using source for rssowl l.0. It did come up with an
unrelated error which rssowl group told me it was fixed in 1.2

With regards to the net error. Just go to there help forum and ask..
They are really responsive.

Thanks in Advance...
IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

-William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

foaud167

hi
here are the lines

import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

and the error (i'm using eclipse)

Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time Id
2 The import javax.net cannot be
resolved EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java RSSOwl
Source/java/net/sourceforge/rssowl/dao/ssl line 37 November 28, 2005
12:52:11 PM 3097

Roedy Green

here are the lines

import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

here is my SSCCE

import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
public class Temp
{
SSLContext x;
}

It compiles fine. SSLContext became available in Java 1.4. By any
chance have you the target set earlier than that?

By any chance have you defined anything else with the name SSLContext?

Roedy Green

here are the lines

import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

The source code for SSLContext is missing from SRC.ZIP. I wonder if
that is upsetting Eclipse.

foaud167

finally, i figured what was happening
When importing a project into eclipse "from an ant file"
eclipse uses only the rt.jar file as the library (in the build path)
while for some reason the javax.net is in the jsse.jar
so modifying the build path resolves this.

thanx
-mardini