    i am trying to compile the rssowl project but keep getting
    "the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
    i though jsse is included by default in tiger

    foaud167, Nov 28, 2005

  2. foaud167

    keke Guest

    could you give more detail information about your fail message?

    keke, Nov 28, 2005

  3. foaud167

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 28 Nov 2005 03:18:55 -0800, "foaud167" <> wrote,

    >"the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
    >i though jsse is included by default in tiger

    Please quote the line in question and the exact text of the error
    message. If I take you literally, you have a malformed import
    statement.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 28, 2005
  4. foaud167

    foaud167 Guest

    Hi
    the thing is the javax.net package is not included in my jdk, i even
    checked the src.zip that comes with it, and there is not net under
    javax
    Thanks

    foaud167, Nov 28, 2005
  5. foaud167

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 28 Nov 2005 09:27:34 -0800, "foaud167" <> wrote,

    >Hi
    >the thing is the javax.net package is not included in my jdk, i even
    >checked the src.zip that comes with it, and there is not net under
    >javax
    >Thanks

    in particular you are looking for javax.net.SocketFactory
    or javax.net.ServerSocketFactory

    you should have imports like this:

    import javax.net.SocketFactory;
    import javax.net.ServerSocketFactory;

    copy paste those into your prgoram.

    These came in with JDK 1.4+
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 28, 2005
  6. foaud167

    IchBin Guest

    foaud167 wrote:
    > hi
    > i am trying to compile the rssowl project but keep getting
    > "the import javax.net cannot be resolved"
    > i though jsse is included by default in tiger

    I just downloaded rssowl_1_0_src and loaded it into a Java project under
    Eclipse. I added all of the \lib\ jar files to Java build path and built
    th project. I am not having any problems with 'javax.net cannot be
    resolved'. In fact I did a search for 'javax.net' , using a search tool
    called Agent Ransack v1.7.3, and I see no reference to 'javax.net'. You
    could ask at their Help feed at

    BTW - Agent Ransack v1.7.3 is a Fantastic search tool. They have a free
    and commercial version. I a using the free version.

    http://www.mythicsoft.com/agentransack/default.aspx

    --

    Thanks in Advance...
    IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA

    -William E. Taylor, Regular Guy (1952-)

    IchBin, Nov 28, 2005
  7. foaud167

    foaud167 Guest

    i am using rssowl 1.2 and the reference is in package rss.dao.ssl
    i am starting to think this might be some crypto thing and that is not
    available for download outside the US

    foaud167, Nov 28, 2005
  8. foaud167

    IchBin Guest

    foaud167 wrote:
    > i am using rssowl 1.2 and the reference is in package rss.dao.ssl
    > i am starting to think this might be some crypto thing and that is not
    > available for download outside the US

    Sorry, I was using source for rssowl l.0. It did come up with an
    unrelated error which rssowl group told me it was fixed in 1.2

    With regards to the net error. Just go to there help forum and ask..
    They are really responsive.

    IchBin, Nov 28, 2005
  9. foaud167

    foaud167 Guest

    hi
    here are the lines

    import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
    import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

    and the error (i'm using eclipse)

    Severity Description Resource In Folder Location Creation Time Id
    2 The import javax.net cannot be
    resolved EasySSLProtocolSocketFactory.java RSSOwl
    Source/java/net/sourceforge/rssowl/dao/ssl line 37 November 28, 2005
    12:52:11 PM 3097

    foaud167, Dec 3, 2005
  10. foaud167

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 3 Dec 2005 06:58:26 -0800, "foaud167" <> wrote,

    >here are the lines
    >
    >import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
    >import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

    here is my SSCCE

    import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
    public class Temp
    {
    SSLContext x;
    }

    It compiles fine. SSLContext became available in Java 1.4. By any
    chance have you the target set earlier than that?

    By any chance have you defined anything else with the name SSLContext?
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 3, 2005
  11. foaud167

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 3 Dec 2005 06:58:26 -0800, "foaud167" <> wrote,

    >here are the lines
    >
    >import javax.net.ssl.SSLContext;
    >import javax.net.ssl.TrustManager;

    The source code for SSLContext is missing from SRC.ZIP. I wonder if
    that is upsetting Eclipse.
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 3, 2005
  12. foaud167

    foaud167 Guest

    finally, i figured what was happening
    When importing a project into eclipse "from an ant file"
    eclipse uses only the rt.jar file as the library (in the build path)
    while for some reason the javax.net is in the jsse.jar
    so modifying the build path resolves this.

    thanx
    -mardini

    foaud167, Dec 3, 2005