JSTL question

slippymississippi

I am looking at the LinesFromReader class at:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod...<[email protected]>

or:

http://tinyurl.com/7nn8a

I'm a bit confused by the use "reader" in all of the attribute names,
so I was trying to substitute out the names for something generic to
see which attributes were referring to which objects. The original
JSTL is:

<c:import varReader="reader" url="...">
<jsp:useBean id="readerLines" class="com.dotech.io.LinesFromReader"/>
<c:set target="${readerLines}" property="reader" value="${reader}"/>
<c:forEach var="line" items="${readerLines.lines}">
</c:forEach>
</c:import>

Trying to substitute generic names, I get:

<c:import varReader="x" url="...">
<jsp:useBean id="y" class="com.dotech.io.LinesFromReader"/>
<c:set target="${y}" property="reader" value="${x}"/>
<c:forEach var="line" items="${y.lines}">
</c:forEach>
</c:import>

Is this correct? If so, does y.lines automatically generate a call to
LinesFromReader.getLines()? Does this happen because of the bean
nature of the LinesFromReader class?